Question about G3 Sun Catcher Pontoon x22FC

I have a 2015 Sun Catcher 22 Fc it's powered with a Yamaha F115. Pontoons have planing strakes. I've owned the boat since new and have never been able to give it more than a little over half throttle due to over reving. Fast as Boat will run is 19mph with 2 persons. Any advice on getting the speed up on the boat? I know it's a pontoon but I feel like I should be running closer to 23-27mph on this boat.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

2. Member
    if you are on the rev limiter, step up in pitch. That's the way to limit engine RPM. Your dealer might help with loaners to get this worked out so that you only have to buy the one that works. This is assuming the motor is not mounted too high which will really ramp up prop slip.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

3. Member
    A few things come to mind. First, is the motor mounted low enough on the transom? Second, what pitch prop and type are you using? Third, is there anything on or near the transom that could cause water turbulence to the prop.(Fishfinder transducer, livewell pump in the transom, etc? Is the engine trimmed in enough? And yes, you should hit 25-30 with no problem if you have lifting strakes. (BTW- What you are experiencing is prop cavitation)

Rick

4. Member
    I was kind of leaning towards motor being to high. When I get. Ack to the lake I'm going to look it over again. I have to get prop info also. I can never remember the prop size. Live well pump and transducer is mounted on back of pontoon but wouldn't think they were causing an issue. Boat has great low end torq just can't open her up. She actually runs faster trimmed all way down.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250