New boat questions.

I have just bought a new 21 trx this week, i bought it without electronics. The question is on the bow I plan to put a 10" screen. Do I need to flush mount it or put it on something that I can raise and see better. I don't want to flush mount it if I won't be able to see it.

2. Member
    I wouldn't "flush" mount it.

3. Member
    Mine are flush mounted on my 20trx, and when the sun is just right, it's a sum bitch to see. Mount it to where you can adjust it.

4. Member
    I have a 9 flush mounted and have no problem seeing it. I have a 12 flush mounted at the dash and have no trouble seeing it and with them flush mounted it's something I won't forget to take with me and somebody can't do a grab and go either

5. Member
    I would recommend a dek-it mount or BBT bow mount that goes over your recessed trolling motor pedal. I love mine. The unit sits up off the deck about 6" and you can tilt however you like. It is fastened to the deck so your unit is secure and don't have to worry about stability. You can also get the dek-it with a mount plate for a heading sensor or point 1 gps puck as well.

6. Banned
    Mine are flush mounted. My last boat was not. I prefer flush mount

7. Member
    I don't have either of mine flush mounted. I would like to have one at the console flush mounted and the one at the bow on an adjustable arm so I can move it for best viewing. Really comes down to personal preference I think.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

My TRX21 is being rigged with a Dek it mount on the bow and a BBT mount on the console. I've had flush mounted graphs before and didn't like it.

9. Member
    The are for sure "pluses and minuses" to both. One is out of the way climbing in and out and you don't have to worry about theft as much? The other is easier to see and move in different sunlight situations? Just figure out what is most important to you!

10. Member
    Yes mount them were you like them I remounted mine on my 2017 20 TRX Patriot .. With HDS 9

You our can buy mounts or make your own .. I made my own...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

11. Member
    With a RAM or another after market mount you will be able to move and adjust the unit based on glare or how you are fishing. It will also be closer if you use a RAM. You also have the ability to easily remove the unit. Constant removal of a flush mount unit is a pain.

12. Member
    I like to mount my unit on a larger ram mount or moving type mount . I like to move my unit in diff. anglers and be able to remove units from boat .

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by medicpelle View Post
    With a RAM or another after market mount you will be able to move and adjust the unit based on glare or how you are fishing. It will also be closer if you use a RAM. You also have the ability to easily remove the unit. Constant removal of a flush mount unit is a pain.
    Do people constantly remove a flush mounted unit?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Do people constantly remove a flush mounted unit?
    If you do a lot of traveling or fish a lot of out of town tournaments I would asssume you would want to take them off. I take them off at the hotel and they go inside with me along with my rods and expesnive baits. I also take mine off when trailering. Too much money in electronics to have them sitting on the boat going down the highway. I have seen tire pieces flying through the air as well as other debris.

15. Banned
    I agree with what you said if they were on a ram mount, I have two 12' at the console and one is on a ram mount and it comes off while traveling etc but I don't take the flush mounts out. Never seen that done down here, was just curious.