Thread: Legend boats

Legend boats

Hi Guys,

I was looking for some input on the V20. I sold my 07 201 ProXL Stratos and am looking at either the V20, 520 Ranger, or the 920 Phoenix. I have never rode in a Legend out on the water so I have no idea how they are. I run Lake St.Clair and Erie a lot and am wondering how they would do out there. I loved how my Stratos did out there but it was time for a newer boat. I live in northern Indiana and there are no dealers in Indiana, and would love to meet up with someone that has one that would be willing to take me out and show me what they can do. I'm not sure if I will be looking at a new or used one and would like purchace a boat by spring. Please respond with your likes and dislikes of these boats. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Larry

2. Member
    Larry. I own a v-20 and I have fished lake. st.clair a few times and the boat will handle big water well, I live on a lake that gets pretty darn rough when the wind is blowing and can guarantee it will handle the water. very comfortable ride lots of storage, I have no dislikes at all. fit and finish is top notch. I will be going to st.clair soon this time with the v-20. I live about 2 hrs from legend and I have been there a lot. looking at the boats before buying and the customer service is great as well. if I lived closer I would take you out anytime. thanks hope this helps. Justin

3. Member
    I currently have the V-20. My last boat was a Ranger 520. The Legend V-20 handles rough water better. The Ranger is a little more stable when fishing. Speeds are similar. I ruled out the Phoenix 920 because the front deck was too small for me.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch MFD View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was looking for some input on the V20. I sold my 07 201 ProXL Stratos and am looking at either the V20, 520 Ranger, or the 920 Phoenix. I have never rode in a Legend out on the water so I have no idea how they are. I run Lake St.Clair and Erie a lot and am wondering how they would do out there. I loved how my Stratos did out there but it was time for a newer boat. I live in northern Indiana and there are no dealers in Indiana, and would love to meet up with someone that has one that would be willing to take me out and show me what they can do. I'm not sure if I will be looking at a new or used one and would like purchace a boat by spring. Please respond with your likes and dislikes of these boats. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Larry
    Honestly both legend and phoenix are hard to find used, lot more rangers out there, you really can't go wrong with any of the three models you listed just have to find a deal.

5. Member
    There's actually quite a few used Phoenix boats on this site alone and a handful of Legends. Shouldn't have too hard of a time finding one you like.

6. Member
    I can hook you up with a demo ride if you'd like Larry I'm in the Chicago suburbs.

7. Member
    Your timing for a new Legend is perfect. So perfect, Johnny Morris might autograph your new boat.

For a fee of course.