Thread: x-19 Xpress

x-19 Xpress

I'm having some problems running consistent speeds with my boat. I have a 10" manual jack plate, a 23 pitch txp prop, and a 200hp Yamaha its the in-line four. I had the prop worked I rolled a blade, and had the shop put me some more lift in it. Now i'm running higher water psi and lower speeds. I know most of my problems are the motor I need a sho, but this boat should run mid 60's not high 50's. I'm going raise jackplate some and see how that does, but if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Low 60s maybe, doubt mid sixties.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    Low 60s maybe, doubt mid sixties.
    Mid 60s should not be a problem. Raise the plate to where you are running 15psi.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guzenua View Post
    Mid 60s should not be a problem. Raise the plate to where you are running 15psi.
    That is what I was thinking because it's running 22 psi right now and I know that is to much.

many x19s top out at mid sixties with v6 200s. especially small displacement 200s.
    pad work can help 2-5 mph. its a lot of work but can make these boats much much
    better as far as performance.
    don't know weight of inline 4 or displacement to be honest.
    70 is a good number with a v6 200 on a x19. I spent some money and a lot of time
    to get my x19 to 70. I have not heard of anyone else with your combo so you can expect
    a lot of trial and error and frustration before its over changing props and adjusting the plate
    etc.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    many x19s top out at mid sixties with v6 200s. especially small displacement 200s.
    pad work can help 2-5 mph. its a lot of work but can make these boats much much
    better as far as performance.
    don't know weight of inline 4 or displacement to be honest.
    70 is a good number with a v6 200 on a x19. I spent some money and a lot of time
    to get my x19 to 70. I have not heard of anyone else with your combo so you can expect
    a lot of trial and error and frustration before its over changing props and adjusting the plate
    etc.
    You are right about that.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFaith View Post
    That is what I was thinking because it's running 22 psi right now and I know that is to much.
    My 04 X19 wit an unmodified 200, 2.5l Merc EFI ran 72 all day long with a stock Turbo 25 pitch prop. I did have a hydraulic plate that helped get it dialed in. I once got it to 76 on a long run in perfect conditions. That was immediately after putting new fuel pumps in, new spark plugs, and freshly cleaned and calibrated injectors.

I wish I had never sold that rig!
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

8. Member
    How many RPM's are turning that 23
    2015 X19 200 SHO

9. Member
    It's turning 5600 to 5700 after I lowered the jack plate bring it up didn't help, but I'm still running around 22 psi on the water pressure.

10. Member
    Where is the prop shaft height at? You should be able to at least set it 3.5" below the pad and get decent numbers out of it.

With that said ........... plugged into a Prop Slip Calculator (like found on Merc Racing) ....... a 23" pitch prop, 1.86 gears, 5700 RPM, and assuming a theoretically 'perfect world prop slip' of 10%, it equals a calculated speed of 60mph. ........... 5600 RPM equals 59mph.

Drop the prop slip to an insanely efficient 6% and speed goes to 62mph @ 5600RPM and 63mph @ 5700RPM.

Again, all that is in theory ...... which I have found more times to be right than wrong ....... but if that I-4 200 will only turn a 23" prop on that hull to those RPM's ....... then upper 50's, low 60's may be all she can do.

Hopefully your prop shaft height is deeper than the mentioned 'set it at 3.5" below' ...... and by raising it to 3.5" below, you'll most likely would gain some RPM's ...... aka gain speed.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

11. Member
    I'm running the same setup with the inline 4 but I have twin poles on the back and a hydraulic plate. I still have the junk powertech prop and I'm running 61 by myself. It basically quits gaining much speed after 55mph and that prop is basically 1 mph per 100 rpm. I think a txp, tempest plus, or a trophy would be a much better prop.

12. Member
    I'm not sure the height on the shaft ive got to put a tape on it. The last time I ran the boat after lowing the plate in ran 60 with 2 people down river, but it was loaded and the live well was full. Also ran 61.5 with just me in it.

Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    My 04 X19 wit an unmodified 200, 2.5l Merc EFI ran 72 all day long with a stock Turbo 25 pitch prop. I did have a hydraulic plate that helped get it dialed in. I once got it to 76 on a long run in perfect conditions. That was immediately after putting new fuel pumps in, new spark plugs, and freshly cleaned and calibrated injectors.

I wish I had never sold that rig!
    if mine would have run 75 I would still have it instead of a bullet. it would have with a large displacement 200. the 2.6 hpdi just don't have
    what it takes for that even with hydrotec mods. I believe if I would have tried a 3.1 yamahah added hydrotec parts upper 70s would
    have been possible. boat still in family I may get it back one day.