Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    "loaded to fish" is a pretty vague specification. I carry 6-8 rods generally. Maybe 8 3700's with hard baits plus a few with soft plastics. I don't carry 200 pounds of crap. And I am always going fishing. I'm not talking about stripped-down no TM/TM batteries, etc. 100 pounds will cost you a couple of MPH maybe. If you have a "different" definition of loaded, say 500-600 pounds of stuff, maybe so. The classic I mentioned in LA was ready to fish for a reasonable person, including all TM batteries and such.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

I run basically how you are describing Robert. 7-10 rods, 10-13 plano boxes, small tote with plastics. I fish with a fairly light load compared to most people.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Once again, there are only a handful of rigs that will run 90 with any kind of fishing load.

4. Member
    Once again, MY fishing load is under 50 pounds total. That's not even a 1mph penalty in a high performance boat. I don't run Talons or Poles either. I don't consider the TM and batteries as "optional accessories" either. Always present. I've seen several Pumas that run 83-84 with a 250. An Eyra with a 300 racing motor would certainly have a real chance of reaching 90, if one played with setup to purely optimize speed. 10-15 years ago I would agree with you. But suddenly the old 280 mercs don't seem so impossibly strong nowadays. Rick ought to hang a 7 marine motor on the back of a jag and see what happens. Real chance to break 100 there.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    Once again, MY fishing load is under 50 pounds total. That's not even a 1mph penalty in a high performance boat. I don't run Talons or Poles either. I don't consider the TM and batteries as "optional accessories" either. Always present. I've seen several Pumas that run 83-84 with a 250. An Eyra with a 300 racing motor would certainly have a real chance of reaching 90, if one played with setup to purely optimize speed. 10-15 years ago I would agree with you. But suddenly the old 280 mercs don't seem so impossibly strong nowadays. Rick ought to hang a 7 marine motor on the back of a jag and see what happens. Real chance to break 100 there.

I would defintely have have a chance to do that imo.

6. Member
    I don't think the 7 Marine would be as fast as expected in the above posts. Wrong application. Be better with 300X. Regardless, at those speeds, you will have to drive it

OP, are you just wanting a "90+ MPH Bass Cat", or what is your goal? Just curious.

I was just curious, my last 3 boats would run over 90 loaded to fish. I was just wondering if the Eyra would do it, I've looked at them before and like the quality of the boat.

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I doubt an Eyra with a 300XS will run 90 loaded to fish and that means 2 anglers with all their gear and at least 3/4 tank a fuel. And I am not knocking the Eyra. I like the boat too. Just realistically it's not gonna run 90 loaded
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

That is a very honest take, it most likely is 80's somewhere depending on load. Of course a new Ultrex would change any rig and take some top end away.

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I doubt an Eyra with a 300XS will run 90 loaded to fish and that means 2 anglers with all their gear and at least 3/4 tank a fuel. And I am not knocking the Eyra. I like the boat too. Just realistically it's not gonna run 90 loaded
    Yep......mid 80s.

11. Member
    You will need to get into a Bullet or Allison for 90+ speeds tournament loaded, I would say that the BassCat brand name is the fastest "heavy" hulled bass boat on the market

12. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    You will need to get into a Bullet or Allison for 90+ speeds tournament loaded, I would say that the BassCat brand name is the fastest "heavy" hulled bass boat on the market
    I agree....and I'll go so far as to not say "heavy" hulled bass boat, rather stocky built hull.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12