Could use some peace and prayers

Hello BBC Family,

I usually do not post here often but come through and read the verses from time to time. I am not always in church on Sundays but I consider myself to love God and be a Chiristian. I am young and never would have thought an ER Dr. could potentially adversely change my life. I had been ill for about 8 days and traveling and long story short I ended had a kidney stone. I went to the local ER in pain with stomach distress as well and after tests they did they did not rule out stones but did not see any (because they used contrast CT) and stated based on the results I had mild colitis. Which was not accurate after following up with my GI Dr. Saw a urologist during same time frame after ER visit and he stated based on blood work and test results it was kidney stones all the way. I ended up passing it a week later after misery for almost two.

Here is the bad part. The ER Dr. prescribed Cipro and Flagyl due to the "soft call" made on the radio-logical report. I had no other indicators of an infection other than slightly elevated white count and microscopic blood in urine. Well I took a few Flagyl (which made me feel worse) and 11 Cipro pills. Two weeks later my joints are popping, cracking hurting like the dickens. Tendon pain, headaches, and mild dizziness. I feel like I have aged 25 years in a week. After reading all the terrible side effects of this drug and FDA warnings that the ER doc never advised me of, here I am praying I can holistically clean my body to fix itself as there is no cure for the disabling adverse effects of these drugs called flouroquinolones. Doctors just do not how to handle it and usually dismiss the drug from being the culprit. I hate to tell them but RA and tendon tears don't just "pop" up all at once. I read the label and did not think much of it as I have never had an issue with any pills before. I was active, love to fish, and the simple tasks are a chore these days. Diet and supplement regiments are the only way to kick it if I have a chance. These drugs evidently have a laundry list of nasty back end health problems. Doctors prescribe these drugs like candy for simple infections like a UTI and sinus infections. Crazy to think the FDA has a black box warning on it and pushed out to healthcare providers to not use these drugs for common infections or preventative reasons as the risks may outweigh the benefits.

Fortunately, I am still able to work for now and pray I continue to able to, but have no idea where this will go from here. You really don't take life at face value until you are faced with something that really makes you think about how good things really are. We all seem to get caught up into our daily lives and piddly struggles that we do not take enough time to cherrish what is good and thank God for the life we have. I truly believe the good Lord won't give you anything you can't handle, but it still makes it hard. I am trying to stay positive and pray that my body heals from taking this poison. I read so many stories of crushed lives, jobs, and mobility that the internet is loaded with. I just need some encouragement that this does not turn me into a statistic.

Wow, that would be tough to take. Prayers sent for you, may His peace be with you.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    May the Lord touch you and heal you, in His will.

4. Member
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

5. Member
    Prayer sent.