Power Pole - Pulsing Up

Hey fellas.

I have 2 10' blades. Last weekend when I turned my main power switch on, 1 of my 2 poles were pulsing every 10 seconds or so. It's wanting to go up. I would deploy down, then the drivers side pole would pulse up a few inches until it made it all the way up, and then would continue to pulse.

Just seeing if anyone has had this issue as well, and if there was a fix.
    Cody // 2011 Phoenix 721

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Try this...

Could be a simple overrun issue, requiring a sensitivity adjustment and is simple thru the app. Very common. Or could be a bad board, requiring a call to powerpole for replacement under warranty. Here is a video showing how to do it on the pump however it is much easier thru the app. You will want to increase the sensitivity of the pole that is continuing to run once retracted

HPU (Hydraulic Pump Unit) Top Side Controls Locate the “program” button and depress and hold it for 6 seconds until LED flashes red and two chimes are heard followed by a single beep. NOTE: You are now in Function 1.1. Press and release the program button to toggle through all the functions below, until you reach the function you wish to adjust: 1 beep = Set HPU as single, port or starboard side 2 beeps = Changes the standard 2 – button Key-Fob 3 beeps = Up direction sensitivity adjustment – Controls the operation of the Auto Up features. If the unit continues to run once retracted,increase the sensitivity. If the unit stops running prematurely,decrease the sensitivity. 4 beeps = Down direction sensitivity adjustment – Controls the operation of the Auto Down feature. If the unit turns off prematurely during deployment, decrease the sensitivity. If the unit continuous to run once anchored, increase the sensitivity

Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Try this...

Could be a simple overrun issue, requiring a sensitivity adjustment and is simple thru the app. Very common. Or could be a bad board, requiring a call to powerpole for replacement under warranty. Here is a video showing how to do it on the pump however it is much easier thru the app. You will want to increase the sensitivity of the pole that is continuing to run once retracted

HPU (Hydraulic Pump Unit) Top Side Controls Locate the “program” button and depress and hold it for 6 seconds until LED flashes red and two chimes are heard followed by a single beep. NOTE: You are now in Function 1.1. Press and release the program button to toggle through all the functions below, until you reach the function you wish to adjust: 1 beep = Set HPU as single, port or starboard side 2 beeps = Changes the standard 2 – button Key-Fob 3 beeps = Up direction sensitivity adjustment – Controls the operation of the Auto Up features. If the unit continues to run once retracted,increase the sensitivity. If the unit stops running prematurely,decrease the sensitivity. 4 beeps = Down direction sensitivity adjustment – Controls the operation of the Auto Down feature. If the unit turns off prematurely during deployment, decrease the sensitivity. If the unit continuous to run once anchored, increase the sensitivity

I'll try that when I get home this evening. I have downloaded the app, but haven't connected yet.

These poles are 2 years old, and this just happened out of the blue. Any reason why that sensitivity would need to be changed all of a sudden?
    Cody // 2011 Phoenix 721

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If it is indeed sensitivity, it can just happen with use. The pulsing is what concerns me this makes it sound not like a sensitivity adjustment and more like a bad board.