Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

USA Battle Born Lithium Batteries

In case you haven't heard Battle Born Batteries is now a BBC sponsor. We offer a 12v 100ah deep cycle lithium battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty, and a prorated warranty for years 4 and 5 for $899 each. To find out more information go to*
    https://battlebornbatteries.com/*.

Also to receive an additional $100 off per battery and free shipping in the US use coupon code: Buck50! . I just wanted to spread the word I have 3 of these running my 36v ultrex, and they do an amazing job. There is a couple recent threads in the general bass boat topics, and in the electrical/wiring/trolling motor boards. If there is any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sent you a PM

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Sent you a PM
    I also sent you a pm. I have yet to receive yours for some reason.

4. Member
    Excellent offer! Quick question - can three of these batteries be connected together to support 36v?

5. Member
    Tempting price!
    2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

6. mikesxpress
    How about a baseline price to equip a 21' boat with a 36V trolling motor?

Starting battery that can handle the 250 HP engine startup and support multiple electronics.

2-3 TM batteries.

Charger.

What does all that cost shipped to your door?

BB doesn't make a starting battery (yet). I just installed 4 80AH Lithiums in my boat. Only made one three hour trip to test so far, but I ran the pumps on constant, 2 HDS 12's, several cycles of dual poles, and several starts of the 250 opti...The 80AH didn't even blink at that. Not a real world test for a full day of fishing, but initially I'm impressed. 3 of those 80AH are for the 36 Volt Ultrex.

Last edited by bloodman; 08-09-2017 at 08:49 AM.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by moe19 View Post
    Excellent offer! Quick question - can three of these batteries be connected together to support 36v?
    Yes they can be hooked together in a 36 volt system. That is how im running mine..

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    How about a baseline price to equip a 21' boat with a 36V trolling motor?

Starting battery that can handle the 250 HP engine startup and support multiple electronics.

2-3 TM batteries.

Charger.

What does all that cost shipped to your door?
    As of now Battle Born does not offer a cranking battery, but I will say this.. A cranking Battery is in development. Using coupon code:Buck50! Each battery is $799 shipped to your door. Right now we are offering free shipping. The coupon code gives you $100 off each battery purchased..

11. BBC SPONSOR
    This is my set up..Screenshot_20170802-174350.jpg

12. Member
    I thought the point of Lithium batteries was you could get one 36V battery to take the place of needing 3 batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by gabassman74 View Post
    I thought the point of Lithium batteries was you could get one 36V battery to take the place of needing 3 batteries?
    Thats one way of rigging them...I wanted 12 volt batteries to keep my jump start system. You can go with whatever system you like.
    my 80AH are 25lbs each...compared to one AGM 31 is 75-85lbs.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Thats one way of rigging them...I wanted 12 volt batteries to keep my jump start system. You can go with whatever system you like.
    my 80AH are 25lbs each...compared to one AGM 31 is 75-85lbs.
    This correct and going with just one (even 2) 36v battery doesnt come close to getting the same output from 3 12v 100ah wired in a 36v system.
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-09-2017 at 10:18 PM.

15. Member
    10-4

16. Member
    3 Battleborns 100amp gives you all day(s) 36V trolling power AND the ability to use one to jump start you main battery in the event you run it down. On top of that Im saving 159lbs out of my boat just replacing my AGM trolling batteries with these Battleborns. Guys, lithium pricing now make sense.

17. Member
    What is the longevity?

18. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

19. mikesxpress
    Makes sense test:

My new Mercury V8 250 PROXS 250HP requires an AGM battery for starting so that one stays put.
    I want the ability to jump start the AGM if required so that reduces my choices down to multiple 12VDC lithium batteries for my 36 volt MG tour trolling motor.
    I have the latest Pro Charging Systems PS4 battery charger (wall mounted) for my AGM's. Any additional/required chargers would also be home wall mounted.

I keep seeing folks posting about the ability of these lithium's (in various configurations) being able to "run an entire day"??? That is of concern to me as in the past 11 years I have never killed any of my AGM's during an outing and that's fishing tidal waters 2-4 days a week. My 4 existing PM1's (Odyssey 31M-PC2150) will be coming up on there 6 year replacement cycle soon and I would consider lithium's if the cost/benefits made sense.

If I were to opt for multiple 12VDC lithium's to replace my three AGM trolling batteries what would that cost and what are the requirements for a charger or mods to my charger and what does that cost?

Battle Born is on this thread so how about some published nut & bolt out the door numbers with warranty information, operational longevity for an 8 hour fishing day in strong tidal current with a 36V TM, charger costs/mods, warranty on batteries & charger, and actual battery life in years? Total turn key cost to swap the three AGM's out for the lithium's? *I know the advantages of the reduced weight of the lithium's but the daily performance and longevity is my primary concern as is length of time the provider has been in business and speed of any warranty replacement(s).

A Lithium-Ion battery fire cannot be put out with a conventional fire extinguisher that would be present in a boat.
    What is Battle Born's method and cost to accomplish this?

Here is a benchmark:
    My cost for replacing 3 ea trolling motor batteries with Odyssey 31M-PC2150 / weight 78 lbs is $412.00 each X 3 = $1236.00 and free shipping.
    No charger addition or mods required. Plug N play.
    Enersys makes the Odyssey and has been making batteries for 100 years.
    4 years non-declining warranty. (I have gotten 6 years out of the last 2 sets of four) 48 hour replacement for the one 3 year old battery that failed 8 years ago.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 08-14-2018 at 11:00 AM.

20. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Since most of the lithium battery's specs actually come from the maker of the lithium cells, who does BB buy them from, where is the cell maker's plants located (BB site says battery is made in USA) and and where are the cell's electrical specs published?
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 08-14-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast