Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Hi Buck456,

I've tried to use the coupon code Buck50! on the website and it is not working. I would like to purchase two of the 100AH 12V

Thanks

2. mikesxpress
    Buck is MIA...

3. Member
    Try "Thecouponofbuck"

That's what I used back in March when I got mine.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Nope, I'm not MIA. The only coupon code I have that is recent is Thecouponofbuck.

5. Member
    I’m with Mikesxpress, I think I’d go $1200 on four years of warranty

6. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Nope, I'm not MIA. The only coupon code I have that is recent is Thecouponofbuck.
    Can you answer the cost comparison post I have listed on this thread?

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Can you answer the cost comparison post I have listed on this thread?
    For 3 12v 100ah batteries with no discounts as of today.

3×949=2,847

I was told they is reason for them not to last me atleast 10 years in my application so we can use 10years.

2847÷10 = 284.70 cost per year. Could be more or less depending on how long they last. If your point was to show that AGM set ups are less expensive you are correct and that is pretty much a given. Me along with many others appreciate the weight savings and the service we get out of our batteries.

Some may not feel they need a 100ah battery set up and go with a smaller set up and for the most part seem to be pretty happy. This also brings the price closer to older batety technologies.

Charger can very a good bit. I just used the 460 pc that came with my boat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Why do you need an AGM for cranking? I've use a 100ah RELiON lithium to crank my Yamaha SHO for 5 years now without an issue. I also run all my electronics off the same battery.
    After buying two 100 AH Relions for my 24 volt Fortrex, I was advised against using another Relion for cranking my 2000 125 Mercury by Charlie from Relion. He told me the cranking-times for the older Carbed engines are too long for Lithiums and could cause harm.

9. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    For 3 12v 100ah batteries with no discounts as of today.

3×949=2,847

I was told they is reason for them not to last me atleast 10 years in my application so we can use 10years.

2847÷10 = 284.70 cost per year. Could be more or less depending on how long they last. If your point was to show that AGM set ups are less expensive you are correct and that is pretty much a given. Me along with many others appreciate the weight savings and the service we get out of our batteries.

Some may not feel they need a 100ah battery set up and go with a smaller set up and for the most part seem to be pretty happy. This also brings the price closer to older batety technologies.

Charger can very a good bit. I just used the 460 pc that came with my boat.
    Thanks Buck. I'll toss a few more bucks at that for mailing the charger back/forth & programming for 3 of 4 banks for the lithiums. $3200.00
    As no actual/proven longevity data exists for the lithiums so I can't rate them any higher than 6 years and that's a stretch as no one has had them in the field that long under actual use. If the written warranty said 10 years it would still be subjective for the same reason and lack of longevity in the market for the manufacturer.

How about the manufacturers response to putting out a battery fire?

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks Buck. I'll toss a few more bucks at that for mailing the charger back/forth & programming for 3 of 4 banks for the lithiums. $3200.00
    As no actual/proven longevity data exists for the lithiums so I can't rate them any higher than 6 years and that's a stretch as no one has had them in the field that long under actual use. If the written warranty said 10 years it would still be subjective for the same reason and lack of longevity in the market for the manufacturer.

I have never heard of a case where a BB battery has caught fire. (Not even heard of relion, or lithium pro) I will give you a link that is in BB's frequently asked question section.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/are-...-bms-built-in/

If you have any other questions on this subject feel free to contact BB.

1-855-292-2831

Thanks Buck

Now Mike....don't you know that you are not allowed to question the safety of lithium batteries on this forum...... i get flamed any time i try to bring up safety issues with these things...you know folks don't want to hear about dangers associated with something they have spent lots of money on

Lithium Iron {LifePO4} was batteries are safe.. Been around these a long time..
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Two fires in five years...caused by improper charging. How many lead acid battery fires in the last five years? There's been way more boat collisons than lithium battery fires.

14. Member
    Ahh, just let em hate
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Ahh, just let em hate
    So trying to inform folks of a possible safety concern is hating ,,, WOW,, Well ok then I got it now ,, if you don't agree with someone opinion then you just call them a hater to end the conversation
    ,, look I don't care if you buy lithium batters and put then on everything you own,, but there are some folks that have no idea of the destructive power these things have , and yes before someone says it,, the newer batteries are safer (LiFePO4) , but still pose a hell of a risk,,, these things store considerable amount of energy ,, that's why then can run much longer than lead acid and also have the potential to make a hell of a lot more problems than a plan lead acid battery ,, I have watched and been around lithium batteries since the late 80's(oil field ) and have seen numerous changes in the chemistry over the years with each getting more safer along the way,, but we are still not there yet in my opinion,, but there is new technology coming to the battery world soon,, and it will damn sure be much safer and I for one hope it gets here soon , over the years I have seen several lead acid explosions that were not really that big of a deal but I have also seen 3 lithium battery failures that had spectacular results,,,

buy what you want and I really truly hope that these batteries serve you well ,,,,,and that I never have to say I told you so,,

16. Member
    Hi Buck456,

the discount code was only $15 for two 100ah batteries. Any chance for the $100 discount code offered earlier? Or have I missed my chance?

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by moe19 View Post
    Hi Buck456,

the discount code was only $15 for two 100ah batteries. Any chance for the $100 discount code offered earlier? Or have I missed my chance?
    Sorry moe19. I no longer have the promo codes that was first mentioned in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123