Recommendations?

Traveling for work this week to nw wisc. and a quick visit to MN and I'm bringing the boat (-: I have a meeting in Stacy, MN (looks like about 45 min north of the cities) and saw a few nearby lakes Chisago, Green, Center, Forest, etc. Any recommendations on these lakes for bass fishing? Or am I better off just fishing the River?

Thanks, I appreciate any recommendations or input.

2. Member
    They are all decent lakes. Better than the river in my opinion. I fish Chisago and Green regularly. Haven't been to N + S Center the last 2 years. They suffered a significant winterkill a few years back. The population may be back up, but I don't know. Otherwise, they are good lakes as well.

Chisago, while it doesn't have the biggest...it's not difficult to catch 100+ in a day. With maybe a few 3lbers in the mix.

The others have a little better quality, but much lower numbers.

They are all healthy, productive lakes. Fairly busy on weekends.

3. Member
    I would say the lakes are better. Chisago and forest have a lot of fish, harder to get one over 4lbs though. Green and north south centre have bigger fish but probably wont catch as much.

4. Member
    Chisago would be the lake i'd go to, I'll even send you a waypoint if you go. :) If not the other option would be Pool 3 and fish wing dams. There are also quite a few good lakes in the western WI area, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

5. Member
    Thank you, I appreciate the input! Going to try Chisago and Wissota while I'm in Eau Claire

6. Member
    Wissota... barf