Thread: Smoking a goose

Smoking a goose

Give me some tips if you have them, family member wants to smoke one for a reunion. Since I'm gonna have the smoker fired up what else could I smoke with what will most likely be pecan wood (haven't for sure yet)
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Member
    After shooting a limit I breast them out and make jerky...............I have tried to cook wild goose every way possible and have yet to find a recipe that makes them palatable!!!

Never cooked a store bought they might taste different.

3. Member
    Ditto on the jerky. I also brine the legs and smoke them. Good stuff.

I was gonna smoke it for a family member but they opted to bake it instead. Not sure how it turned out, but got me off the hook....lol
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

5. Member
    i always heard rub them down with oil coat with your favorite BBQ rub put on a cedar board bake at 300 for 3 hrs pull out throw bird away and eat the board

6. Member
    That sounds just like my smoked carp recipe bassworm ! I have had minimal success with goose and duck on my egg...brine really helps...but the meat will always be rich and oily...more so with goose than duck...I think it makes a great appetizer as a cracker dip combined with shredded cheese and onion...but not a main meal

7. Member
    Love duck wrapped in bacon. Only way to cook a goose is breast and make jerky.
    RANGER BOATS

8. Member
    No joke breast out slice thin and make goose jerky it is so flippen good even my wife eats it!!