Are these fish or what?

Posted this on Texas Fishing Forum, suggested I post these images here.
    Some people thought it was fish going from bottom to top, attacking bait fish.
    Some thought it was bubbles, and some thought it was grass.

So what do y'all think ????

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I saw them over there but didn't post anything. Does it always look like that? To me it looks like something is wrong with the transducer or the installation. I might be wrong because there are some horizontal streaks in there. I guess it could be whites or something like that. Maybe you scared them and they started streaking around.

I am pretty sure they are air bubbles. Next timeyou see it, look around and see if you see a few bubbles coming to the surface

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    I am pretty sure they are air bubbles. Next timeyou see it, look around and see if you see a few bubbles coming to the surface
    What he said. ;)

Her you have both fish, and airbubbles.

5. Member
    Not to be too picky but probably methane bubbles. You could actually trap it and burn it.

6. Member
    Those are bubbles. 100% guarantee it. The brighter, diagonal streaks are bubbles. The more horizontal, arched returns are fish.

No they are not bubbles. To get a return that solid the Bubble would break the surface. There are some fish, but the questionable returns are interferance from many possible set up issues, ping speed to fast, no rejection, tm in the water with ducer, hard hard bottom.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

What is your chart speed set at? Looks like settings are not perfect and you are marking fish.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Banned
    Those are most likely catfish. Catfish frequently have a sonar echo return that resembles a snake with the head up and the tail down. Due to the sonar ping, the catfish's head is wide and dense so it sends a arch back faster and in more color than the rest of the fish. The softer body and smaller tail return the echo slower and less dense so the reporting color is lighter in the palette scale. This produces the yellow/red color on the head and the lighter blue of the back and tail.

Capt Craig

10. Member
    I fish a lake that has a very mucky bottom that releases bubbles constantly. At times, sonar is virtually useless in the lake because of all the crap on the screen. I am very familiar with what is on his screenshot. Bubbles.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    this ^

Benny Rigney

100% bubbles

13. Member
    another bubbles here

14. Member
    I vote bubbles too.

So in this picture I'm very sure the bottom has shallower up a few feet from the left to the right, you must have a strong current to keep them air bubbles under the boat, it would be nice for my discussion if you had gps speed on the screen, I'm sure your going 2.5-4 mph. Bubbles rise fast and follow boat? I think not.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089