Selling my boat question

I have the boat title but I don't recall a trailer title. Is the trailer included with the vessel title?
    Wish I could remember.

2. Member
    Depends on the state. Oklahoma does not require a trailer title, Texas does because you have to tag the trailer in Texas not Oklahoma.

3. Member
    I should have mentioned it's California. I looked it up online. Looks like we have a permanent trailer identification for boats here. Might be paperless. I'll call the DMV tomorrow. Thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-SHRED View Post
    I should have mentioned it's California. I looked it up online. Looks like we have a permanent trailer identification for boats here. Might be paperless. I'll call the DMV tomorrow. Thanks
    Post what you find out, in Missouri you have to title everything, boat motor and trailer. They used to make you title the trolling motor.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by my47ply View Post
    Depends on the state. Oklahoma does not require a trailer title, Texas does because you have to tag the trailer in Texas not Oklahoma.
    Not true about title in Texas. All you need to register in the state of Texas is a bill of sale.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCaseyB206 View Post
    Not true about title in Texas. All you need to register in the state of Texas is a bill of sale.
    I have three titles...boat..outboard...trailer.

Even if you don't have t title the trailer, you should have a "Statement of Origin" on the trailer from the manufacturer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    In Texas, it depends on weight of trailer. You might now have th option to title the lighter trailers.

9. Member
    I found out.
    California has a physical paper title for boat trailers.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I have three titles...boat..outboard...trailer.
    I had a title for the trailer on my first boat.....went to register and tax office said only bill of sale was required. Bought my second boat from out of state and no title was ever issued. Dealer supplied the bill of sale and that was all I needed to register

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    In Texas, it depends on weight of trailer. You might now have th option to title the lighter trailers.
    Exactly...if over 4000 lbs..must be titled...from TX.Gov

Registration is required for all non-farm trailers operating on public highways. Registration and titling requirements vary according to trailer type and weight. Most utility trailers fall into two categories: Manufactured (built by a trailer manufacturer) or homemade (built by an individual in their garage or shop). In addition, trailers are categorized by gross weights (the trailer weight plus the weight it can carry) under and over 4,000 lbs.

12. Member
    Ca permanent trailer registration is misleading.Its only good for 5 years and they dont send a notice when it expires.But you should have a title if the boat and trailer is paid for