Storing Boat with Power Pole Partially Deployed

I just bought a boat with a Power Pole, and the only way to back it all the way under my shed is with the power pole partially deployed. I would think this wouldn't be a problem, but not sure. Anyone else have to do this or have any knowledge on it?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Backing under partially deployed is very normal to clear height however I would not store it that way

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Backing under partially deployed is very normal to clear height however I would not store it that way
    Whats your theory behind this? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    What doesn't make much sense to me is why you would want to store a boat with the powerpoles partially deployed for any length of time. Your simply taking up space at that point thats unnecessary. Put them partially down to back in, clear door, put them back up store them in closed position. It has no adverse effects on the poles, pumps or hydraulic system, no. Just more of a space concern behind the boat as well as opening them up to possible damage running into them etc as moving around them ... if it is a concern about pulling out and forgetting to re partially deploy them and you have the room in the garage or building then by all means go for it its better then ripping them off.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-07-2017 at 01:13 PM.

5. Member
    He said they need to be deployed because of a height restriction, not because of the door.
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    Current:

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    My guess is it is a height restriction getting thru a garage door opening once past that most have the height inside, if it is a building or structure that simple has no interior height, I misunderstood, I stand corrected, and go for it.

7. Member
    My shed slopes down in the front and back. I have to lower it to get under, and it can go all
    The way up until I get to the back end and I have to put it down again.

8. Member
    If its close another option is to just jack the front of the trailer way up, but storing partially deployed is fine.
    Current:

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rballa19 View Post
    My shed slopes down in the front and back. I have to lower it to get under, and it can go all
    The way up until I get to the back end and I have to put it down again.
    Then feel free to store them partially deployed without any worries.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Now your saying go ahead and store them partially deployed?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Yes as he doesn't have the roof height to go back up once in... as his roof slopes and there is no interior height. we explained in the above post must be you didnt read it.

12. Member
    If you do this, make sure to hang the remote on your trailer jack handle so you don't forget that you have them down. Buddy starting doing that after a little mishap.