1994 Pantera Flooring Replacement

There is a 1994 Pantera II for sale locally that I'm thinking about purchasing. The only thing that really concerns me is that the flooring is rotted out. Thought I was going to break through when I got in to sit down, check the seats and storage. Owner played it off like he didn't know there was a "soft spot". Regardless, anyone know how complicated and expensive of a deal that is to repair? Appreciate any words of wisdom. Take care.
    SGM Chief01 / Team Daiwa & Team Bass Cat
    God Bless the USA, it's Service Members and all the fine Patriots

2. Member
    I think you need to buy it with the expectation of totally refurbing boat.

Therefore, the price you should be willing to pay, should reflect that. If the floor is rotten, most likely the boat was not stored in garage, carport, etc. Water and sun are the worst enemies of a boat.

If the owner is brushing off the soft floor, he either does not understand the significance or is trying to hide issues.

Either way, the boat likely has several more issues/problems.

3. Member
    Big gamble!!!!! My guess is if the floor is that bad the stringers and transom is wet as well. Things dont have to be rotten for there to be issues. Just soaked stringers is enough to warrant gutting and rebuilding from scratch.

Rebuilding from scratch is NO JOKE. Unless you have a big building where you can work indoors out of the elements it sucks.

4. Member
    Axkiker's guess is spot on. Boats rot from the bottom up, so expect to do a full gut and rebuild. Price accordingly.

5. Member
    I'd pass on this one man. You're about to open a can of worms that you wont like. Move on an find a new rig.

6. Member
    It might not be as bad ad mentioned. Is the soft spot around the rear floor drain? Very common, if so. My P2 has soft floor around the drain, but stringers are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    It might not be as bad ad mentioned. Is the soft spot around the rear floor drain? Very common, if so. My P2 has soft floor around the drain, but stringers are fine.
    X2 my 96 classic has a soft spot that started at floor drain but boat is immaculate otherwise...simple pull carpet and redo small patch of soft floor and replace carpet this winter....no big deal
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Same here. Floor drain had something covering it. Cover on boat leaked. Water built up in around the drain and sat. I cut out the drain area flooring, stringers were in great shape.