Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to buy older GT52 Downvu/sidevu transducer?

I have the older 73sv 010-01575-01 with downvu/sidevu instead of clearvu. I would like to get a second transducer with downvu/sidevu to mount on the trolling motor but when I look up the GT52 downvu/sidevu, the part number that comes up is 010-12405-00. The problem is that this is also the part number on Garmin's website for the current GT52 clearvu transducer, so how can I be sure to get the older downvu/sidevu style?

2. Member
    You have the right part number. The old GT52 DownVu and the new GT52 ClearVu are the same. Just a name change. The CV-52 is the one that's different.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Banned
    check with Troy he might have an old. I thought I saw him say in a post that he had one.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    You have the right part number. The old GT52 DownVu and the new GT52 ClearVu are the same. Just a name change. The CV-52 is the one that's different.
    Thanks for the response.
    If you look on Garmin's website I don't see any transducers with a CV designation, they all begin with GT but say Clearvu in the description. So are all the ones Garmin is selling still have the dedicated Downvu element?

5. Member
    I think so. I've never seen a CV offered for sale separately. They were packed with the Striker and echomap units. The lawsuit was specific to units and transducers sold as a package deal. Anyone wanting to buy a CV transducer will have to find it used on ebay or somewhere like that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    I think so. I've never seen a CV offered for sale separately. They were packed with the Striker and echomap units. The lawsuit was specific to units and transducers sold as a package deal. Anyone wanting to buy a CV transducer will have to find it used on ebay or somewhere like that.
    If I understand right the GT ones are better than the CV because the GT actually have 2 sidevu elements and 1 Downvu element where the CV only has 2 Sidevvu elements that fills in to creates a downvu image Correct?

7. Member
    Yes gt52 is better in most people's opinions..
    Off topic: does anyone know if the new echomap are still coming with cv52 since they lawsuit was settled? Just curious..
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

I run both on my boat. Adjusted correctly and used in water 50 ft or less it's really a toss up. If I were shopping for a transducer I would buy the GT52. The GT is easier to get as Lwinchester pointed out the CV52 came as a package deal and is not sold seperately.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msn26753 View Post
    Yes gt52 is better in most people's opinions..
    Off topic: does anyone know if the new echomap are still coming with cv52 since they lawsuit was settled? Just curious..
    Probably with the CV52 until the inventory is depleted. Then I think we'll no longer see the CV52.
    With all this lawsuit stuff, controvery, and now it settled I look for a bunch of new stuff for fall or at least for Christmas.
    If I was in charge of marketing I'd hit the fall/Christmas market big time with a HUGE campaign to get all this into the history file and give everybody something else to be talking about.
    But, then, I have no background in marketing. My background is in spending.

10. Member
    Got a spare one that's been wet once or twice hanging over the side of boat. Never thought much of selling it, but I guess I could.

11. Member
    Probably with the CV52 until the inventory is depleted. Then I think we'll no longer see the CV52.
    With all this lawsuit stuff, controvery, and now it settled I look for a bunch of new stuff for fall or at least for Christmas.
    If I was in charge of marketing I'd hit the fall/Christmas market big time with a HUGE campaign to get all this into the history file and give everybody something else to be talking about.
    But, then, I have no background in marketing. My background is in spending.
    if you look at the descriptions for current listings on BassPro, Cabelas, etc they are listing the GT52TM-HW as the transducer so it looks like they are already packaging them with the new units.

Quote Originally Posted by MTW View Post
    if you look at the descriptions for current listings on BassPro, Cabelas, etc they are listing the GT52TM-HW as the transducer so it looks like they are already packaging them with the new units.
    Thats good to hear.. I haven't checked any of the new stuff lately. Rumors of some new stuff coming from Garmin, I can't wait to see what it will be.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTW View Post
    Well if you are counting on getting the GT transducer and you don't and in the description they say you will, at least you can send it back. I didn't find it so conclusive when I looked on Cabelas and Basspro. On Cabelas I looked at Striker 5cv,7cv,7sv and echoMAP CHIRP 73cv,73sv,93sv,94sv and could not determine that they specified what transducer was included. On Basspro the echoMAP CHIRP 93sv and 94sv did state specifically the GT52 and GT51 respectively. However both also listed the Garmin part numbers 010-01804-01 and 010-01805-01. When I went to the Garmin website and looked up these part numbers, it did not say what transducer was included.

I'm not saying you are wrong but I can't say that even if the Basspro website says you'll get a GT transducer that you will get one. You might.

14. Member
    When I ordered mine for the GPS store, I called and he told me it was the gt52 transducer.. Not promoting them, just saying they were honest... Called another company and the girl didn't know what I was talking about.. Lol.. So call whoever and make sure before placing order..
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

I bought a 93sv that came with the CV. I was not very satisfied with the Down Images at all. I called CS and asked to exchange it for the GT. They did exchange the CV for the GT at no charge and I can see quite a difference in my down images. I'm much more satisfied with the Garmin now. I was regretting not getting the Lowrance Elite, but now I wouldn't trade the Garmin for the Elite. I feel they should drop the CV completely and stick with the GT.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    I bought a 93sv that came with the CV. I was not very satisfied with the Down Images at all. I called CS and asked to exchange it for the GT. They did exchange the CV for the GT at no charge and I can see quite a difference in my down images. I'm much more satisfied with the Garmin now. I was regretting not getting the Lowrance Elite, but now I wouldn't trade the Garmin for the Elite. I feel they should drop the CV completely and stick with the GT.
    When did they do that for you?

If this is a new policy, there are lots of folks out there that would like to know that so they can do what you did.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    check with Troy he might have an old. I thought I saw him say in a post that he had one.
    i sold all my personal gt's. i do have a lesser gt new in the box i could give away. I'm not sure what model it is, id have to look

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    When did they do that for you?

If this is a new policy, there are lots of folks out there that would like to know that so they can do what you did.
    I swapped them out on the boat last week. Tuesday I think. It took about 5 days to get the GT and they shipped it Fedex ground, so it's been about 2 weeks ago when I called them. I just called customer service and told them I'd just bought the unit and wasn't satisfied with the down images I was getting. I told them I wanted to exchange the CV for the GT. It wasn't a problem. They emailed an RMA. The difference between the two was very noticeable on the down imaging, and even the side images were more detailed. The GT is a much better transducer in my opinion. Like I said, I'm very satisfied with my unit now.
    Last edited by Randall53; 08-08-2017 at 06:48 AM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    I swapped them out on the boat last week. Tuesday I think. It took about 5 days to get the GT and they shipped it Fedex ground, so it's been about 2 weeks ago when I called them. I just called customer service and told them I'd just bought the unit and wasn't satisfied with the down images I was getting. I told them I wanted to exchange the CV for the GT. It wasn't a problem. They emailed an RMA. The difference between the two was very noticeable on the down imaging, and even the side images were more detailed. The GT is a much better transducer in my opinion. Like I said, I'm very satisfied with my unit now.
    Thanks!

If that reflects a true change in policy, it's going to be really good news for a whole bunch of folks that Garmin told to go jump in a lake earlier this year when the CV scandal first broke. They have been telling people they were stuck with the CV transducers and refusing to exchange them in all but two cases I know of.

Im going to start a new thread to spread the word and put in a link to your post.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

20. Banned
    WestMarine has a Striker 7sv clearanced for $399 right now that's listed as having the GT52

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmi...?recordNum=101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast