Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You say older 73sv. Is it a chirp model??

2. Banned
    For that Striker? its chirp.

or was that meant at something else?

3. Member
    I purchased a 93 from Dicks sporting goods because they offered a 20% discount on the sale price and the description said it had a GT52 but it had a CV52 so I sent it back and they covered the shipping.

4. Member
    Call gossiper.. They had some with gt52 transducers.. Not promoting them, but they had them a few months ago...
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

One thing I like about the GT52 is you can run down image at 455 and side at 800 in a combo screen, or vice versa. You can't do that with the CV. Since the CV has only SI elements for both DI and SI, changing either DI or SI frequency changes them both for that very reason.

6. Member
    I may have one that has been used once on my kayak....need to decide if I want to keep it to pair with the 94sv in the closet with it.

7. Member
    I just returned a 73 sv echo back to bass pro that said on there website a gt 52 transducer but it was a cv called garmin told me that they are not swappin transducers i am stuck with it so i returned it

8. Member
    They will - at least sometimes - replace a CV with a GT transducer...... but only if you tell them the CV transducer isnt working correctly or is giving bad images, broken, etc. I would go with not working.

When ever a CV transducer breaks, it will always be replaced with a GT transducer. If you look on the cable, there is a tag, and it will tell you that the replacement is a GT transducer of the same model.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

9. Member
    I tryed that they still wouldnt exchange it they told me to return it to the store were i purchased it at

10. Banned
    No kidding?

Damn odd move

11. Member
    The way they are handling this is so screwed up.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    I bought a 93sv that came with the CV. I was not very satisfied with the Down Images at all. I called CS and asked to exchange it for the GT. They did exchange the CV for the GT at no charge and I can see quite a difference in my down images. I'm much more satisfied with the Garmin now. I was regretting not getting the Lowrance Elite, but now I wouldn't trade the Garmin for the Elite. I feel they should drop the CV completely and stick with the GT.
    Was there much difference in the side view between the CV and the GT?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK View Post
    If Garmin is telling the truth, there should be no difference. They said that all they did was remove the down element. That should not effect sidevu.

The DI difference was easily seen and my fishing partner and I both feel the side image could be a bit sharper, but we did not really test that out. If it was, it was not to the degree of the DI.

The DI difference was easily seen and my fishing partner and I both feel the side image was a bit sharper, but not to the degree of the DI. I think the GT is just a much better transducer and gives a much better overall performance on all screens shots. If I'd had to keep the CV, I would have probably sold the Garmin and bought the Lowrance Elite 9 Chirp I was looking at originally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12