Unless you're needing a good shower!
    I did this and snapped my TM shaft in two! That sucked

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisalecia View Post
    I did this and snapped my TM shaft in two! That sucked
    Been there and done that too
    Rocket

4. Member
    I'm a new boat owner too. Only had my bass boat about 9 months. My worse day so far went like this.....

Headed to the ramp traveling down the highway at about 50 mph. I look back in my rearview and see my rear casting deck seat that I kept between the driver's and passenger's seat flying out of the boat and tumbling down the highway. I turn around and retrieve the seat and continue on to the ramp. I get to the ramp where I start my pre-launch routine. As I'm removing the transom straps,another boater pulls in and starts asking questions about how to get to a certain part of the river. I tell him I'll wait til he gets launched and he can follow me. We head down the river, he goes his way and I go mine. 30 minutes into fishing, I look down and there's 3" of water in the cockpit. I had forgot the plug when the other guy distracted me. I turn on the bilge pump and then try to lift the trolling motor. The cord breaks on the trolling motor and I can't get it raised. I start heading back to the ramp as fast as i can with the TM still down. I realize the cord broke but left enough I could wrap it around my hand so I stop and yank the TM up. I start looking for a shallow spot to pull over so I can get out to put the plug in. I get out of the boat and realize I still have my auto inflating PFD on. I take the PFD off and toss it up on the back casting deck. I manage to get the plug in, the bilge pump is emptying the bilge. I slowly make my way down river until the pump removes enough water to get the boat up on plane. Once on plane, I realize I don't have my PFD on and look back to see it floating fully inflated. I turn around and retrieve my PFD then finally make it back to the ramp. I get the boat on the trailer and as I pull out I drag the skeg up the ramp because I forgot to trim the motor up.

What a day!!

Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    Forget to stow the trolling motor and try to get on plane.....don't do that.
    That ain't nothing, I tried to put my first boat on the trailer with the trolling motor down.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

lately I've been forgetting my electronic at home.
    and leaving the trolling motor down and taking off
    yea...your getting wet.

7. Member
    Trim motor up some before loading or beaching boat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    Trim motor up some before loading or beaching boat.
    First time I loaded I did trim up but not enough for the ramp I was on. You need to trim up more than you think. My skeg got ground down a bit almost to be inline with my prop. Now I have to decide to get the skeg repaired or leave it and be super careful each time I load.

haa haa ....you mentioned leaving the trolling motor down......
    lately I've been doing that and boy do you get wet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123