Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Generally to the best of my knowledge the shaft screws into the magnet housing on newer M/K motors. It is composite, i.e. made of graphite. You have to carefully heat the magnet housing with a torch to melt the red loctite that was used to assemble the two parts and then, after removing the shaft, pick out the debris (pieces of Loctite and shaft) left in the magnet housing threads. It is a semi-destructive process, bits of the shaft can/will come off the threads when you wrench it out.
    This juncture is critical to the sealing the motor. You do not have to change the shaft but it should be perfect to reinstall or the likelyhood of leakage is high.
    Time for Jones to come along. I'd change the shaft if I had to disassemble it.
    o i was thinking u meant prop shaft. I didnt know u even had to remove the length shaft to reglue the magnets

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wsdv135 View Post
    Took it apart...now I can't get the damn thing back together....the armature will not go all the way when i put the nose cone back on. This seriously sucks...western angler I don't have a$1,000 bucks lying around sorry bro.
    I think we all saw this coming. Brushes and armature back together takes experience

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wsdv135 View Post
    Took it apart...now I can't get the damn thing back together....the armature will not go all the way when i put the nose cone back on. This seriously sucks...western angler I don't have a$1,000 bucks lying around sorry bro.
    I suspect the brushes are holding you up. They are spring loaded and it takes some patience to get everything in place without them springing out. Then once you get that part together right and you start to put it back into the magnet section you have to hold it all together or the magnets will pull it all apart. It will take a few tries but once you see how it all works it's not that hard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12