1875 Pro V Bass XS...

Took it out for the 'maiden voyage' yesterday.
    To say I was impressed would be a severe understatement. It is the smoothest, flattest boat I have ever owned. The 150 four stroke purrs like a kitten and is quiet as can be! Ran it for a good two hours - me (240 pounds), wife (don't know, not guessing) and 24 year old daughter that is about the size of your average 14 year old... half a tank of gas and all my gear. Hole shot is unreal. Found out it comes on plane fast and smooth as butter taking it to 3,300 RPM which then turns into cruising at 30 MPH on GPS. It will run nice and flat all the way through the speed range from idle at 700 rpm / 3.5 PH to WOT.

With the three of us, 1/2 tank of gas and all my gear, WOT was 5200 RPM and 48.5 GPS. Prop is the stock Black Max so it can do better I'm sure, but that testing will be without the wife and daughter tagging along. So far, the only one 'issue' I could call out would be the seat height. I would prefer they sat a couple inches taller. Even with that, it was still by far the most comfortable boat I have ever owned!

I even ran into a fellow BBC'er... unfortunately my name recall skills suck. He had a really, really nice Phoenix with Trick Steps mounted on the trailer. I do remember him saying he told his wife that he bought her a stripper pole! Really nice guy and he let me climb the steps to the deck of his boat. Those things are all that a bag of chips to boot!
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

2. Member
    Yeah those trick steps are nice. I put one on my Tracker a few months ago.

That Lund it really nice. It was a little more money than a wanted to pay and the dealer network is nonexistent here or I might have ended up with one.

3. Member
    Give us some reports on rough water ride when you get a chance. Please.

4. Member
    Pictures!

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Congrats on your new boat

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Pictures!
    Right now it is still factory stock...
    Still waiting on the second console and some other goodies to come in. Once I have them on the boat, I will post up some pics.
    Mike
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Give us some reports on rough water ride when you get a chance. Please.
    There was about a 10 - 15 MPH wind and slight chop and a few decent sized boat wakes where we were at.
    I know that if we had been in one of my older Trackers, there would have been spray on us. We stayed absolutely bone dry. My wife and daughter both made the comment that they couldn't get over how smooth it was by comparison, especially when crossing a couple of big wakes.
    Mike

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartles View Post
    There was about a 10 - 15 MPH wind and slight chop and a few decent sized boat wakes where we were at.
    I know that if we had been in one of my older Trackers, there would have been spray on us. We stayed absolutely bone dry. My wife and daughter both made the comment that they couldn't get over how smooth it was by comparison, especially when crossing a couple of big wakes.
    Thanks! This boat has been out there a while and it's still hard to find anyone that can give a direct comparison of the 18 or 20 foot versions to a regular bass boat as far as ride. Lots of theory but no videos posted or reports on this board. That is astounding to me as the primary reason to choose this boat is that it may offer something different in the rough water ride department. Nothing else about it is very unique except the XS model floor layout.

That said im down to this boat or a flats boat to try to get me something I can navigate big water in safely and comfortably, that's better than a traditional 21 foot class bass boat.

Congrats on your boat- it's an awesome rig and built like a tank!

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Thanks! This boat has been out there a while and it's still hard to find anyone that can give a direct comparison of the 18 or 20 foot versions to a regular bass boat as far as ride. Lots of theory but no videos posted or reports on this board. That is astounding to me as the primary reason to choose this boat is that it may offer something different in the rough water ride department. Nothing else about it is very unique except the XS model floor layout.

That said im down to this boat or a flats boat to try to get me something I can navigate big water in safely and comfortably, that's better than a traditional 21 foot class bass boat.

Congrats on your boat- it's an awesome rig and built like a tank!
    I have owned a 12' Valco, original Bass Tracker, Pro Team 175, two PT 185s and a Triton TR186 and the Pro V Bass is absolutely head and shoulders above all of them. When it comes to smooth and dry, there is no comparison. I will have videos of mine eventually but it will be a couple of weeks before I do.
    If you go to YouTube, search for "1875 Pro V Bass" and there is a man named AJ Lynn that has several videos posted of his.
    Mike

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartles View Post
    I have owned a 12' Valco, original Bass Tracker, Pro Team 175, two PT 185s and a Triton TR186 and the Pro V Bass is absolutely head and shoulders above all of them. When it comes to smooth and dry, there is no comparison. I will have videos of mine eventually but it will be a couple of weeks before I do.
    If you go to YouTube, search for "1875 Pro V Bass" and there is a man named AJ Lynn that has several videos posted of his.
    Thanks! I've seen his videos all in slight chop. I want to see this thing in something ugly on Champlain, Rayburn, or Kentucky Lake to really see what it will do when it gets nasty. I know it has to be better :)

11. Member
    mbartles glad to have got to meet you. You better be glad you did that on Friday because Saturday was a monsoon rained from 10 till the end of Tournament and even through weigh in. Rode home all the way in my rain suit the inside of my truck was soaked. Enjoy your new ride!
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

12. Member
    Noted your issue with the seat height - I felt the same way about it. I noticed on Al Lindner's show that he installed a springy pedestal shock absorbing seat that raises it up to a better height. Looks easy to install.

13. Member
    where did you purchase the Lund. Any recommendations for a dealer in the AR or MO area?

Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    mbartles glad to have got to meet you. You better be glad you did that on Friday because Saturday was a monsoon rained from 10 till the end of Tournament and even through weigh in. Rode home all the way in my rain suit the inside of my truck was soaked. Enjoy your new ride!
    Glad to have met you as well!
    I had plans to go back Saturday until I saw the forecast. We got something like five inches of rain, so I can believe that would have made for a lousy day and ride home!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bassanglr View Post
    where did you purchase the Lund. Any recommendations for a dealer in the AR or MO area?
    I bought mine from Sportsman's Outfitter and Marine, located just south of KC.
    Depending on where you are at in Arkansas, I know there is a dealer in Branson and one on Pomme De Terre Lake in Pittsburg, MO which would be a lot closer for you
    Mike