Prop pitch on Ranger 175 vs

Hi Folks

So I have just installed a new 2015 Mercury 115 pro xs on my 2004 ranger 175 vs. I have about three hrs on unit and have followed break in instructions. I am currently running a 23 pitch aluminum on it and I realize I don't have full power yet until 10 hrs of operation. Just wondering what other folks are running prop wise on similar units. My old motor was a merc 125 ( two plus two) and it only revved to max 5250 with a lazer 24 pitch. The new motor revs to 5750 so I'm assuming I will probably need to down pitch to get to a higher rpm. Currently motor has never been over 5000 rpm and it will barely get on plane. I'm just trying to save some time looking for different pitches if other folks here are running the same setup and could point me in the right direction on what to look for after I have the motor broke in. I did try the lazer 24 at the start but it was way to big and I switched to the 23 just to help it get on plane easier with my partner sitting on bow. Any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

JP

2. Member
    I've got a 2013 z117 with a merc 115 pro xs and I'm running a 21p Trophy. My max rpms are around 5400 and top speed around 48-51. Hole shot is good when I'm solo, but suffers a bit with tourney load and a partner. Thinking about a bailey foil for that in the future.

3. Member
    21" laser II. You may have to have the prop worked if it porpoises but it's the right pitch. You could also try a new X7 four blade.