1998 Stratos 273 fuel sending unit help ???????

I just bought a 98 model Stratos 273 and everything works perfect but the fuel gauge. When I turn the ignition switch on,the fuel gauge needle jumps a little but that`s all. Could this be a bad fuel gauge or the sending unit? I hope its just the gauge because I see No way at all to change the sending unit as the tank is behind the riding seats and and the top of the tank is against the top of the hull. Have any of you guys ever change the fuel sending unit,and if so,how did you do it?
    Thanks,Jeff

Have you checked behind the counsel to make sure it has a good ground? The tank on the boat is 30 gal. You can remove the live well and dry storage boxes and loosen the tank to slide it forward to work on it from I have observed on mine. I have not done it fyi.
    Last edited by Indianabasser; 08-05-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. Member
    I never thought about checking the ground. I will do that first. Thank you !!!

Let us know what you find out. It's not fun getting under there to look. Removing the seat will give you some more room to be semi comfortable.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

5. Member
    I can`t figure out how to get the seats out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog87 View Post
    I can`t figure out how to get the seats out!!!
    Mine are on hinges that are screwed to the boat. You can take the hinge off from the boat or seat. You can get behind the counsel without removing the seat. I'm 6'3" 325 and can get my big ass under there. Your back will be sore but it can be done. Post a pic if you can.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited