Help! FL Tampa area shop to install rebuilt powerhead

I posted this in the lounge:
    I took my boat to Tampa to have the powerhead rebuilt. He had a guy to take it off and on. The guy, after saying within the week, never got to the boat. The powerhead shop picked it up and pulled the powerhead. He isn't sure how long it will take to get to putting it back on. I have bought a new boat and my buyer for the old one has been waiting a freaking month! Anybody know a Mercury shop there?? I can send it over once the powerhead is rebuilt.
    The motor is a 1999 Mercury 125 2s.
    I'm getting desperate. I can't wait weeks.

2. Member
    Will post again here--Hoppy's Marine in Haines City---good people and good service

3. Member
    Thanks again!

4. Member
    Pipers marine on hillsborough ave is great! Ask for Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    Will post again here--Hoppy's Marine in Haines City---good people and good service
    I will do my best to never go to Hoppy's again.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Water Huff View Post
    I will do my best to never go to Hoppy's again.
    Bad experience with them? They have been great to deal with for me

7. Member
    I have mixed feelings about Hoppy's. First, I have built trust with them over the years when it comes to their used boat sales, service work, and diagnoses. That in itself is carries a lot of value to me in this industry. When Matt tells me there is problem "x" with the engine or you got one more season on the impeller, I know they're not BS'ing or trying to squeeze me.

Where they are severely lacking is in communication. They are a small family operated business that can best be described as good ol' boy Polk County. They don't maintain an updated website or offer any substantive email communication. I've found I have to frequently call them in reference to updates, inventory, etc. I like to be very specific with them when writing up a service order, especially things like, call me if cost exceeds a certain amount. If its written down, they are good about it.

That said, I would recommend them without hesitation for your particular situation.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Hoppy's. First, I have built trust with them over the years when it comes to their used boat sales, service work, and diagnoses. That in itself is carries a lot of value to me in this industry. When Matt tells me there is problem "x" with the engine or you got one more season on the impeller, I know they're not BS'ing or trying to squeeze me.

Where they are severely lacking is in communication. They are a small family operated business that can best be described as good ol' boy Polk County. They don't maintain an updated website or offer any substantive email communication. I've found I have to frequently call them in reference to updates, inventory, etc. I like to be very specific with them when writing up a service order, especially things like, call me if cost exceeds a certain amount. If its written down, they are good about it.

That said, I would recommend them without hesitation for your particular situation.
    Plus two

9. Member
    There's a great guy name jerry in Spring Hill, fl ... used to own a marina and helped me out with my mariner 175.. his numbers on his Facebook Skeg-boot.com

Viking Marine.
    Patch Pirate In Training
    XPress H20B 115HP Yamaha
    Raymarine a78
    https://bigbassflies.blogspot.com