Thread: 176 vlo owners

176 vlo owners

Hello there Stratos people,
    I am the proud owner of an 05 201pro xl/etec 250, but lately have been looking to seriously downsize my rig. It will do many things for me, but mosty get me on the water more. So...my questions arise: To those of you that own, or have fished from a 176 vlo, what has your experience been? I can find plenty of people praising the old 176xt in past threads, but I am curious, as the vlo seems to have an even bigger front deck, and lots of nice little features. I just want to know if someone could tell me how long the front deck is, how wide it is at the console, and does the boat really ride okay in rougher water? I know I wont be able to fish big lakes in 25+ winds out of a 17 foot boat very easily(or safely) but I plan on staying home those days. I love my 201 for all the reasons, but hate trailering, fueling, insuring,
    storing, and maintaining such a big boat. It keeps me from getting on the water, which I love to do. Hoping that a change back to a smaller, simpler boat will help me fish more. Thanks for anyones response, or just reading this, this is a great group from what I can tell(been lurking for a while).

2. Member
    Also, does anyone "know" if you can order a new 2018 Stratos boat? Not to stir that pot anymore, but it would be nice to know if I can even get a new boat.....

Stratos has ended production for 2018
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Champ View Post
    Stratos has ended production for 2018
    Thanks for the reply Champ. Thats very sad to hear. It seems no one is making a nice 17 foot glass boat like Im after anymore. Sigh. Maybe someone will chime in with their experience with the 176vlo.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Aha! Thanks Wildcat, am I to assume that all three 17' foot boats share the same dimensions for carpeted space? Or are the 176 and nitro z6 just not listed?

You know, im not sure. This was stolen off the ranger Page.

8. Member
    Well thanks for replying anyway Wildcat, hopefully SOMEONE can chime in on their experience(s) with one of these boats

9. Member
    I have the 189 VLO if I can be of any help.