Question Lake St. Clair Accommodations

Hello,

I'm going to St.Clair 2 weeks from now but have never been there before. Where is a good place (motel/hotel) that has electrical hookups for the boat that's close to the ramp and won't get my rig stolen? Also, any help on where to start would be cool as well. Just fun fishing for the weekend so any info you can give is greatly appreciated.
    Daryl

I suggest that you look at the sticky posts on top of this page 1st.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    This place actually has boat parking spots with plugs. Safer area than other hotel/motels.

ConCorde Inn Clinton Township
    586-493-7300

4. Member
    I fish St clair every spring. Always stay at red roof inn in Roseville. Interstate exit is right there. Jump on and head north for 2 exits which is about 4 miles. Get off and you are close to crocker launch and metro park. Can't help with the fishing. Never been there this time of year. Red roof isn't the Hilton. Never had anything stolen while there but I don't leave thieves much to pick over. Can usually get room on the back side where you can pull boat in the grass where u don't have to unhook and we ran extention cords into the room. Don't know if I ever noticed outdoor outlets. There is always lots of fisherman there in the spring.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by dkwas; 08-23-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Daryl

6. Member
    There is also a brand new Marriott Fairfield Inn going up, or maybe even open, up by Selfridge.

7. Member
    I ended up staying at the Baymont Inn and it was okay. The room was spacious and the people nice but the boat parking was difficult. The parking lot in the rear is small and hard to back into when there are others parked. It's just not meant for boats. You really have to be careful when pulling in as the electric receptacles stick up out of the ground and you can easily hit one with your lower unit. Next time I'm there I'll be looking for a larger parking lot that I can keep things hooked up. Are there any campgrounds out that way boaters can stay at? I'm sure it would be cheaper and I like making a fire at night cooking dogs or what not for dinner.
    Daryl

So...how was the fishing?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkwas View Post
    I ended up staying at the Baymont Inn and it was okay. The room was spacious and the people nice but the boat parking was difficult. The parking lot in the rear is small and hard to back into when there are others parked. It's just not meant for boats. You really have to be careful when pulling in as the electric receptacles stick up out of the ground and you can easily hit one with your lower unit. Next time I'm there I'll be looking for a larger parking lot that I can keep things hooked up. Are there any campgrounds out that way boaters can stay at? I'm sure it would be cheaper and I like making a fire at night cooking dogs or what not for dinner.
    Algonac state park is the only one I know of...It's up the St Clair river a few miles..

10. Member
    Another option is basshaven in Canada. Puts ya right on some of the best fishing on lsc. Dennis and Kathy are great people.
    http://www.basshavencanada.com/swamp...play.php?fid=4

11. Member
    The fishing was great! Just the like the Bassmaster guys we were getting nice 4-5lb fish. My 11 year old spent the weekend with me and he got his personal best at 4lb6oz and he was smiling literally the rest of the trip. The next morning (Sunday) he was so anxious to get up and start again to try to beat it. We were catching them on DT10's on the south end about 3 miles from the river. The wind was a little wicked at times but the cigarette boat traffic was the real boat ride killer. But it was my 1st time up there and we are going back this weekend. What can I say, it's an awesome lake! Thanks for the info everyone, this was a trip I will never forget.
    Daryl