Thread: Dragonfly 7 pro

Dragonfly 7 pro

I just received my new 7 pro and there is a piece in the box that I can't figure out what it is. It is plastic on the outside but has metal on the inside it looks like it should clamp on a cable either the power or transducer any help would be appreciated

2. Member
    Ferrite is a passive electric component that suppresses high frequency noise in electronics.

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2157

3. Member
    Thank you for the help Raymarine's Dragonfly series is lacking when it comes to including a owners manual and clear instructions. I have noticed you can buy a printed version of the installation and operation manual. I realize that the units are reasonably priced but a owners manual would be a nice addition even if they need to increase the price or even a dvd.

4. Member
    I understand. Manual can be downloaded for free - doesn't have to be purchased.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%...ew/29202205180

5. Member
    I installed the DF 7 Pro when I turned on the unit the DF screen came up then it went blank then the DF screen came up then it went blank with a blinking in the upper left hand corner then the Dragonfly screen came back up approx 30 seconds later the accept screen came up. I had the Beep turned on but it was not working. called customer support several times always getting a person who could not speak fluent English. I also went on the Raymarine forum and received one response but apparently the moderator did not understand the issue. I sent a second message to the forum moderator yesterday but did not receive a response till approx 4:30 pm CST in his response he told me he misunderstood the issue and that there was nothing wrong with the unit as it was slow in loading the software. This is after I had already mailed it to the repair center. Very unhappy

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    He answered you back.
    http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=3735
    Being a inexpensive unit I'm sure it has a slower processor!
    Turn it on as you go to launch the boat, it will be up and running by the time you park the trailer and ready to go.

Believe customer service is in the NE, they don't talk like we do.

7. Member
    The customer service has been less than stellar yes he did answer me back but it was after I had mailed it back in per customer service directions. They gave me a repair number and I spent $18.00 mailing it back. After I was told to mail it back I quickly package it up and sent it on it's way. The repair number was sent via email. The next day I receive a FedEx shipping label to send it back prepaid why wasn't that sent with the repair number. When I have called customer service have been put on hold transferred two to three times then was transferred to the supposed appropriate person no answer leave a voice mail with phone number no returned call. Raymarine customer service needs attention.

8. Member
    Buy junk and expect it to work???? Better stick with the big boys (Lowrance and HB).

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The time I put in for warranty work they completely described the process. Form the email, to the return shipping label and a RM number. Sorry that you didn't get it but I have never had anything but the best in CS verse my experience with HB and Lawrance. When Linda was at Lawrance you could go straight thru the process, but with out her direct number you where lost in their system. She has since left.

10. Member
    Curious what your experience with Raymarine has been?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Buy junk and expect it to work???? Better stick with the big boys (Lowrance and HB).

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Customer Service for the dragonfly is in Columbia I have discovered!
    I need to get a Dragonfly, been wanting one for my pontoon!

12. Member
    If I get it back and continue to have problems I will kick myself because I have Humminbirds (2) and a Simrad unit I just wanted true chirp DI and thought the Dragonfly looked impressive but if it doesn't work it doesn't matter how good of picture it has. I won't mess with it much before it get's ditched. I had a Raymarine color sonar years ago it was when colored units first came on the scene. It was a great little unit and lasted for years so I did not feel uncomfortable buying a Raymarine product but that has been years ago I may be sorry.
    Last edited by RL56; 08-13-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: update

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Customer Service for the dragonfly is in Columbia I have discovered!
    I need to get a Dragonfly, been wanting one for my pontoon!
    How about a 4pro?

Half off, about 5hrs use

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Pm me details!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    You always have the one trying to start stuff... I love my Dragonfly 5Pro.. I will agree, the last time I called Raymarine, I was pissed at the customer service.. I use to call and got great service, but I dont know whats happend now... But in the end Raymarine has always took care of me... As far as Junk, I dont think so... DI on the Raymarine is freakin awesome. Not putting Anyone else down, but I would love to see the DI pics side by side..
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

16. Member
    From my experience with Raymarine customer service there is to much automation and no one answering the automated dialing system. I know in today's way of doing business the automated telephone systems are the norm. When you call Raymarine you can't even get a operator to answer to help in directing your call to the appropriate person. I believe Raymarine
    needs to teak their customer service to be customer service.

17. Member
    Are the RF suppressors always recommended, or only if you are experiencing a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Ferrite is a passive electric component that suppresses high frequency noise in electronics.

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2157
    -Matt

18. Member
    Not an "always must have item", but they don't hurt anything and are easily installed.