Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Owner X19 Pro

New member here. Recently purchased an X19 Pro with the Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO. Been going through the break in period and doing some fishing. I'm really liking this boat. Thanks to the guys here I have a better understanding of how I need to set the motor and most probably what prop to use. My RPM's are running low for this motor. 5000 to 5200 RPM is tops. Has the 23 pitch PowerTech prop. I'm going to measure ptp next week when I get off work and go from there. Current water pressure is running 23# to 24#. Top speed is 55 mph on gps with 3/4 tank fuel, me and gear. Open to advice from the experience here with this boat. Thanks!

2. Member
    Can't help but I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I changed to a 25 txp and it hasn't helped. 5000 rpms and it either shakes like crack head or maxes out. Good luck.

3. Member
    Start your ptp around 3.5 in below pad and work it up till you loose speed or water pressure and always try your setup out with full load gear, gas, & a$$. cause these hulls are very weight sensitive the 23 should be about right on a 175 a 25 will be way to much.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

4. Member
    I'm thinking of trying the Turbo FXP prop. Just not sure the pitch. I'll set the ptp at 3.5 first and try that. I know the Turbo FXP prop is about a 1/2" smaller diameter that the PT prop. That should also increase rpm's correct? Few steps to go through first before spending the coin on a prop. Appreciate the advice!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GJS View Post
    I'm thinking of trying the Turbo FXP prop. Just not sure the pitch. I'll set the ptp at 3.5 first and try that. I know the Turbo FXP prop is about a 1/2" smaller diameter that the PT prop. That should also increase rpm's correct? Few steps to go through first before spending the coin on a prop. Appreciate the advice!
    If you find a fxp 23 pitch let me know .They seem to be off the market.Tempest plus 23 pitch at 3 3/4 has been the best I can find.62 to 63 with just me .59 to 60 heavy load .

6. Member
    Get rid of the PT prop. You will not get any better performance than you are currently getting. The turbo FXP 23p prop was a world of difference for me. I am 3.5 PTP with a 6" plate and have maxed out at 63 mph on gps. My dealer traded me even on my props, since the PT prop is just not right on these boats.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

7. Member
    ditch that power tech prop for sure. I messed with mine when I first got it best I got out of it was 58 mph. switched to a 24p fury and get 64 by myself and 62-63 2 people. And this is loaded down with everything I fish with.
    2018 Triton 20TRX/ 250 Mercury Pro XS optimax

Lol...Your X19 with 175 SHO was just as fast if not faster than my X21 with Honda BF250 and 26 Fury...Great motor though...Just not built for speed!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dedwards04 View Post
    ditch that power tech prop for sure. I messed with mine when I first got it best I got out of it was 58 mph. switched to a 24p fury and get 64 by myself and 62-63 2 people. And this is loaded down with everything I fish with.
    I can definitely locate a 24 pitch Fury. If you don't mind what rpm's are you turning?
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

10. Member
    24 pitch is to munch prop while trying to get your motor to seat rings.You need
    to turn 6000 rpms .I made 3 1hour runs at 6000 seem to have worked .

11. Member
    Very frustrating trying to find an FXP!

12. Member
    I have been trying for four months.The tempest performs well and turns the rpms the motor needs.And the speed
    is close .I ran a 24 tempest that had been worked by Croxton in cool weather with my wife half tank of gas live wells empty I hit 66 gps a few times.It would always run 63 with me and her .Hot weather and heavy load killed it .Would not turn enough rpms .

13. Member
    A Txp and FXP are the same prop other than the Txp has small exaust holes but has no affect on my 200 I'm runnin a 25 Txp on mine for the same reason fxp's are hard to find.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

14. Member
    Not turning enough rpm's is what concerns me. It makes me think I should go to a lower pitch. I need 800 rpm's just to get to 5800. I know the PT prop isn't cutting it but will a 23 pitch in the better props give me the rpm's? If raising to 3.5 ptp won't change anything with the PT prop can I really expect an fxp or txp to get me the rpm's? Not being negative but I don't want to waste a purchase.
    Last edited by GJS; 08-04-2017 at 08:49 PM.

15. Member
    My dad and I also just bought an X19 with the Yamaha 175 SHO. It sounds like we have the exact same prop you have on yours and we are having the exact same problems. Most of the time we can get it up to about 4800-5000 RPM and have gotten it once up to 5200 RPM but the boat is so "squirrelly" we had to immediately shut it down. How much have you been able to trim it out after getting it up to full throttle? We have contacted the dealer we bought it from and they are willing to switch out the prop to something else. Let us know if you find out anything on yours.

16. Member
    3.5 is a starting point. Mine is at 2.25 below got my rpm up to 58-5900 in cold weather right now I'm around 5600. In the summer you can loose a couple hundred rpm
    2015 X19 200 SHO

17. Member
    I tried a tempest also mainly cause it was laying in my shed but it did turn 200 more rpm than my Txp an was only about 2 mph slower handled good I didn't try plugging the exhaust holes it spun up to much out of the hole so if you go that route u need some solids plugs.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jneoff39 View Post
    My dad and I also just bought an X19 with the Yamaha 175 SHO. It sounds like we have the exact same prop you have on yours and we are having the exact same problems. Most of the time we can get it up to about 4800-5000 RPM and have gotten it once up to 5200 RPM but the boat is so "squirrelly" we had to immediately shut it down. How much have you been able to trim it out after getting it up to full throttle? We have contacted the dealer we bought it from and they are willing to switch out the prop to something else. Let us know if you find out anything on yours.
    If I do not trim a lot my boat will run smooth but it feels like it needs to be trimmed higher. For me that's when it gets squirrely. Makes for a long hitch offshore when you want to be home setting that boat right.

19. Member
    Pt prop they put on now is a long blade prop .Tempest runs better a little lower to get to
    use all
    your trim.175 will not runs is high as a 200 .you will like the 23 tempest

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GJS View Post
    Not turning enough rpm's is what concerns me. It makes me think I should go to a lower pitch. I need 800 rpm's just to get to 5800. I know the PT prop isn't cutting it but will a 23 pitch in the better props give me the rpm's? If raising to 3.5 ptp won't change anything with the PT prop can I really expect an fxp or txp to get me the rpm's? Not being negative but I don't want to waste a purchase.
    Yes it will get you the RPM's. I had the same problem and problem solved with the 23p fxp. I dont know what the limiter is set at but I am hitting 6000 rpm's. Even wondered if I could run a 24p.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast