Vessel view link

Has anyone installed Vessel View Link? I have it on the way, but my dealer has never installed one. I just saw what comes with it and it looks like it needs another cable to get to the dash.
    Last edited by mike464; 08-03-2017 at 01:38 PM.

2. Member
    Try following the "sticky" at the top of the forum page.

Click on this >>>>New VesselView Mobile

That one's no help, other than "call Rhonda" VV link is what I'm looking at, not the mobile version.

4. Member
    Yes, the hardest part was fishing the cable. Took me a few hours. Got my stuff and advice from Don Weed. The water pressure sensor is an add on and not viewable from vessel view, have to see it on the info screen on hds.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    That one's no help, other than "call Rhonda" VV link is what I'm looking at, not the mobile version.
    My bad missed the "link" part........Yes you need to run the cable from the motor to the console, which is the same as installing a Mercmonitor. See any Sticky for Mercmonitor installation.

Thanks

7. Scraps
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=21425

Other than the schematic for install, this is the only instruction you need. How to disassemble the connector. This is the cable that goes form the engine computer to the VV link.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    If you have the nema network to the back of your boat you only need a "short" 10 foot data cable to get to the vessel view. A pro xs will have the water pressure already, no sense needed. Only extra would be to add a digital trim sensor if you want that to read out
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    I have smartcraft gauges in my Verado boat..speedo and tach...I think smartcraft junction box is under console...but I also extended my nmea network to the back of the boat so I can mount the GPS point 1 puck and put on network. I keep reading you have to fish cable through to console but will I be able to just tap into the new nmea branch at back of boat from the vesselview and then hook the harness in that vessel box from the engine? Will it read? I rather do that that. Fish as it took me few hrs yesterday to run all my cables and I put it all back together hahah...thanks!

10. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    The biggest part of that install is knowing how to disassemble the connector on either end of the engine cable. That and how to fish the cable through the rigging tube. It took me maybe an hour and two beers to do a complete install.
    2017 Phoenix 819

11. Member
    After you do that step of fidhing through thr big engine rigging tube kringden, can I connect the engine harness to the vesselview box at the back of the boat then connect nmea from the box to a nmea network that I have at back of boat? I will be ordering from European marine but want you get prepared with the wiring while I am rigging my fish finders etc...thanks! (My smart craft junction box is at console as I have smart craftspeedo and tach)

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    After you do that step of fidhing through thr big engine rigging tube kringden, can I connect the engine harness to the vesselview box at the back of the boat then connect nmea from the box to a nmea network that I have at back of boat? I will be ordering from European marine but want you get prepared with the wiring while I am rigging my fish finders etc...thanks! (My smart craft junction box is at console as I have smart craftspeedo and tach)
    I'm pretty sure that would work. Thin you'd just need another tee to tie into the NMEA network. I put the VV module up under the module so had to fish the cable from the transom.
    2017 Phoenix 819

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you purchase through Rhonda, I'm more than happy to assist you (by phone) with install.

Water pressure CAN be read through the Vessel View LINK (with sensor or compatible engine).

It CANNOT be read on Vessel View MOBILE.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor