Thread: Heritage Lake?

Question Heritage Lake?

Interested if anyone lives or has lived there and had any pros or cons about living there. Wife and I are retired and looking for something different, we've lived in our house since we built it 31 years ago. Definitely can't afford waterfront but something modest and get to use the lake and facilities. We haven't talked to anyone yet but have driven thru the neighborhood several times looking at the area. Some of the roads leave a lot to be desired but we like the idea of still being within a half hour of kids and grand kids. So if you have any opinions I'd like to hear them.

2. Member
    i own a lot on it and fish it all the time,strangest dam place i have ever seen,some 700,000 and up houses on the water and across the street from them might be a 60,000 dump, grass a foot high 2 cars without doors sitting in yard and no hogs ??? if you want to tour of the lake sometime let me know i can meet you at the ramp,but there are some good buys on some nice houses in there but the house next door might not be so nice(it will cost you 500.00 a year to use the lake with the fees)

Thanks Jim, I know what you mean about the houses because the ones we've driven around and looked at were like that. Some of the ones we like are mixed in with other nice ones. Like I said we're just in the curious stage right now. My wife's not sure she's ready for a house with well water yet, guess that's what I get for marryin' a city girl. May take you up on the tour sometime. Fished it a couple of times 25 years ago.

My father-in-law lived there until about 5-6 years ago. buster502 was not kidding about the fees. If your kids wish to use the lake, then their name will have to on the deed. They will have to pay the full amount of fees. These include but not limited to HOA fees, boat registration fees, and annual launch fees. Only the lot owner may operate the boat. It seemed to me the rules would change to benefit a select few. That being said I'm sure any private lake is going to have issues.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

5. Member
    i know what you mean,i put my son on the deed so he can have it when i go to the big pond upstairs,we both must pay the launch fees,and other fees if you own 2 or 3 lots a fee for each one,they said guys was buying a lot and putting 10 peoples names on the deed,so i ask well why dont a husband and wife need to but me and my son need to

6. Member
    you might want to check with big indiana bass (brian waldman) i think he is moving to brownsburg he lives at heritage

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    you might want to check with big indiana bass (brian waldman) i think he is moving to brownsburg he lives at heritage
    Thanks, I was going to send him a message tomorrow. I know he just moved.

Do I understand it right that I could take someone out with me but they couldn't take my boat out by themselves?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Thanks, I was going to send him a message tomorrow. I know he just moved.

Do I understand it right that I could take someone out with me but they couldn't take my boat out by themselves?
    i got his number if you want it send me a pm and i will give it to you,he is the man to talk to about the place he is a board member,you have a poa card you must carry all the time and a family member living with you can use it but no you can not let someone take your boat out,its a good lake super clean really nice ramp,stay off it on the weekend and all i see is the lakefront guys working on docks,house, not fishing just working on the place,send me a pm and we will get together,its totally different from the lake view than the road view

i got his number if you want it send me a pm and i will give it to you,he is the man to talk to about the place he is a board member,you have a poa card you must carry all the time and a family member living with you can use it but no you can not let someone take your boat out,its a good lake super clean really nice ramp,stay off it on the weekend and all i see is the lakefront guys working on docks,house, not fishing just working on the place,send me a pm and we will get together,its totally different from the lake view than the road view
    Thanks Jim, I'll just message him thru Facebook not sure he even remembers me. lol He used to fish our White River tournament years ago. I'll get with you in the next couple of weeks, got company coming in tonight and not sure when they'll leave. lol

10. Member
    anytime, we can meet at the ramp

anytime, we can meet at the ramp