Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mustang Accel 100 Vest

Anyone wearing this vest for tournament fishing? How do you like it?
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    The Game Wardens here in Va. tell me they have tested them all and the only one that worked every time is the one that has the round mechanical gauge made in to it. I think it was one of the Mustang models. They said, at the time, that all other models and brands were hit and miss during their testing.
    This was four or five years ago but there have been a few guys around here recently that ended up in the water and whichever vest they were wearing did not deploy.
    I'm still old fashion and were a regular vest.

3. Member
    Thanks Lee! I have been wearing the Mustang Inflatable but I am having second thoughts about depending on it to inflate if I were ejected. I am looking at something short of a Lifeline since I am not trying to push top end limits of my boat but mainly tournament fish. However, I fish by myself a lot on large bodies of water so I need something reliable. I have a couple of Sterns Comp Series vests that say they are strength tested to 100 MPH. I am not sure the Mustang Accel would be much different in performance.
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Bass Pro has a decent one with little leg straps to keep it seated properly. I like it for a budget setup that is slightly safer.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/xps-p...ng-life-jacket

Dan

I am old school, I will not wear auto inflate, I much prefer my vest

6. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    At first, my mind went to the Mustang inflatable. The Accel 100 is a full floation vest. I just wear a regular bass pro flotation vest, but I like the features of the Accel. I may invest in one. When running at the river rallies, I'll wear my tight Lifeline vest with leg straps but it isn't coast guard approved.
    Last edited by F150owner; 08-04-2017 at 09:31 AM.

7. Member
    I lost my Dad on June 1 due to accident where he was knocked unconscious and his life vest didn't inflate. I'm a firm believer in the old style. They might be a little uncomfortable but they work.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Bass Pro has a decent one with little leg straps to keep it seated properly. I like it for a budget setup that is slightly safer.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/xps-p...ng-life-jacket

Dan
    That is the one I use for tournament fishing or out and about with the family in the boat. They have them on sale for $49 all the time.

I personally never run my boat without a jacket on. I also don't let passengers ride without one on either. I keep a Lifeline comp vest up in the bow for days when I'm running the boat hard.

I had an inflatable for night fishing. I gave up on it. More so because I have kids. Every time I went to use it I found it deployed in my locker. I guess that little red manual deploy handle is temping to pull when dad isn't looking......
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    At first, my mind went to the Mustang inflatable. The Accel 100 is a full floation vest. I just wear a regular bass pro flotation vest, but I like the features of the Accel. I may invest in one. When running at the river rallies, I'll wear my tight Lifeline vest with leg straps but it isn't coast guard approved.
    What is the difference between a "full floatation" vest and the BPS VEST?
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    What is the difference between a "full floatation" vest and the BPS VEST?
    misstatement on my part. Should have said "speed rated" as that what I was thinking. BPS vest is not rated for speed applications.

11. Member
    Are there any reasonably priced options for speed rated?

I have two Lifeline jackets one is a comp and the other is the poker run style. The poker run jacket is a step up from the Basspro jacket. However, if I'm running 90 to 100 I will run the lifeline comp vest. It is 10 steps up from the lifeline poker run jacket. At those speeds I do not care how bulky it is. Even in 97-100 plus temps it is on.

I will go out and take a photo of all 3 next to each other.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Comp vest on right
    Poker Run vest in middle
    Basspro on right

Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

14. BBC SPONSOR
    This is the vest that i have been using for 2 years now. Its well built but does ride up without the straps. I have no complaints but I have never had to "use" it either.

I do not like inflatables while running, they offer zero impact protection.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I have two Lifeline jackets one is a comp and the other is the poker run style. The poker run jacket is a step up from the Basspro jacket. However, if I'm running 90 to 100 I will run the lifeline comp vest. It is 10 steps up from the lifeline poker run jacket. At those speeds I do not care how bulky it is. Even in 97-100 plus temps it is on.

I will go out and take a photo of all 3 next to each other.
    Hey thanks for the pics!! Does the Poker Run Jacket offer any impact protection? I know the Comp Vest does.
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Any deals to be had on the comp or poked run vests?

The poker run material is the same comp vest. The buckles and straps are not as "Heavy Duty" but they are much better than the basspro jacket. I would roll the dice in saying they would hold if put to the test. I do not think the leg straps on the basspro jacket would hold at higher speeds. The material inside the comp jacket is a similar squishy foam to the basspro jacket just denser. Lifeline says its a high impact foam. As you can see in the photo, it isn't half as thick as the comp vest so it may be an impact foam, just not a lot of it.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

18. Member
    RR. How much for the othere 2?

I bought them used. You can always find them used for approx $200.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Where can do you find them used ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast