Thread: Ultrex Install

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LipIt View Post
    Do your batteries last all day with the 80#? I have an x5 80 now and not sure if I really want to upgrade to 36v system unless I have to when I buy an ultrex. Great looking install by the way.
    I was out for 8 hours today using spot lock with no issues. Looks like I used about 255 battery which is normal for my 100ah relion lithium

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Troy,
    i was surprised to,see your heading sensor so close to your TM head. When I did the compass test I got significant deviation there. Now when the TM is deployed it may not be an issue......was that your conclusion? Install looks great.
    I've used that same spot in the past for a heading sensor so I knew it would work. It does have interference when the trolling motor is stored, but I only use it when the motor is deployed. I have a second heading sensor puck on the rear of the boat that's used by the console unit

I finally got to test everything today and the ultrex worked flawlessly. It really is a great addition for the way I fish. Pairing of the puck was instant and I did the calibration, offset and boat offset settings without issue. I did have a cable issue so we may reroute everything when we install the new 360. I may even try running everything down the trolling motor cable and pray I don't have interference. The only thing I'd like to add to the motor is a tension adjustment. The pedal is a tad touchy especially in big waves and wakes. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 08-06-2017 at 02:32 PM.

2. Banned
    so we had to replace the 360, so we decided to totally go a different route for the wiring. Im just hoping i'm still interference free. won't know until sunday. I'll try to get some real pics also instead of cell phone pics

3. Member
    Troy were you getting interference before the change? In the 3rd picture down are those the transducer cables in the braided wrap that are tie wrapped to the foot pedal cables? Let us know how it works.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Banned
    i have not had any interference at all with the solix with either the fortrex or the ultrex. yes the cables are now in a wire loom running down the foot pedal cables. I have always stayed away from routing the cables this was since I have always heard it will cause interference. i'll know soon enough

5. Member
    ...Troy how did those routing changes work out if you've tried yet?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Banned
    I did. no interference at all on 2d. I do have a slight line on si but I vary rarely use it on the bow, so I'm going to leave it

7. Roachboat
    I'm looking for that bounce buster carpet saver. Any idea where you bought it. Thanks

8. Banned

9. Roachboat
    Thanks!!!

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roachboat View Post
    Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12