Thread: Tracker valve

Tracker valve

have a 2013 150 Pro Xs with about 49hrs on the motor. 7-26-17 the motor just died while slowing down. The shop said it was the tracker valve. Got boat back and ran it about a hour. Went riding on Sunday a few hours and all was fine. Monday morning I took the son fishing and when I went to load back up it would not start and there was fuel coming from exhaust just like it did the first time it wen out. Boat is back in shop and waiting for there cause this time.. Any ideas why it is doing this. I hate having a boat that I can not trust at all
    2013 Nitro Z-7 Mercury 150 Pro XS, Fishing on a Budget.

2. Member
    when Mercury fixed my tracker valve issue they replaced the fuel rail not just the tracker valve.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Need to find out what really failed here. If it was the tracker valve, will need to determine if it's simply a faulty valve, OR faulty installation.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Sorry Serial number is 1B936285 I was told that it was the tracker valve both times

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Appears that the one you purchased was simply defective- and was replaced under the Parts and Accessories Warranty (correct?)

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    t first repair I had to pay for it but the 2nd repair thy covered since only a hour or so runtime before it tore again, I was just wondering if there is a cause for this happening on a motor with so few hours.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not normally...