Do you camp Thanksgiving or Christmas?

We have camped a bunch on Thanksgiving and love it. We stay local and the in laws come up and I cook a low country boil. Last year was our first Christmas camping and I have to say we are doing it again this year. We went to a small campground only 25 min from our house so we can still attend a couple of family dinners. My wife bought a small tree for the camper and my kids loved it as well. Do you do this for either and whats your tradition?
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

2. Banned
    We camp 365 days a year have camped Thanksgiving & Christmas in Arizona,Kansas,Missouri and this year in my home state Louisiana.

We make it a yearly thing to gather up for Thanksgiving and also a couple of days either side of New Years Eve/New Years Day. Generally by that time of year you pretty much have the campgrounds to yourself. Some of the best times we've had camping have been through the holiday time of year.
    Last edited by bassn5150; 08-04-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Was just thinking this morning that Thanksgiving weekend would be a good time to camp. Have never done it before but with a 4 day weeekend would be a good to get away from the black friday madness
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

You know years ago we pretty much had the campground to ourselves during Thanksgiving, but when we called a few days ago and made our reservations we got the last site.
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfisher View Post
    You know years ago we pretty much had the campground to ourselves during Thanksgiving, but when we called a few days ago and made our reservations we got the last site.
    Yeah I hear ya,We are workampers last 3 rv parks we worked at were more than half full.More traveling construction workers are going to rvs,motels are too expensive.

7. Banned
    Our campground throws a big Thanksgiving Dinner the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I would think 250 people show up. But most return home for Thanksgiving Day with the family.

It's pretty quiet up until Christmas, and then quite a few people show up for the last week of the year. Then, the crowd gets down to the full timers until March.