Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

I made the switch to lithiums.

I've pondered, researched, and thought about going to lithium batteries. I finally have. I went with 3 Battle Born 12 volt 100ah. I have to say I'm very impressed. I've had them installed for about two months. So impressed I wanted to be a sales rep. You can get these batteries at https://battlebornbatteries.com/ . Regular price is $899 use my coupon code: Buck50! And receive $100 off each battery and free shipping in the US. Battle Born batteries are also now a board sponsor. I just wanted to spread the news because I'm very excited about this product. Don't forget the ! On the coupon code. If anyone is interested I will try to answer any questions that you may have.

2. Member
    How has your boat performance changed?

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    How has your boat performance changed?
    As many on here know I run a 20 trx with a 250 pro xs. I have not been able to run much wide open since I've got them bc of river conditions here. When I have I've hit 74.2 tournament loaded empty wells with 2 people and a half tank of gas in the summer heat and humidity. I had been running around 71.9 to 72.5 in the same conditions with my lead acid batteries. Hole shot is much quicker.. Fishing a river system It has been rough this year with all the rain we've been getting. So yes I have seen some possitive performance gains. I do believe I may need to tweak my set up a little more to get the full benefit. When I installed my ultrex I dropped a 1 mph to 1.5 mph. With these batteries I have regained the loss and then some. It is nice fishing for 8+ hrs and have no drop off in trolling power and they also charge back up in less than 2hrs. I use a 460 pc on the agm setting.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    This is my install. Hopefully the picture works. Screenshot_20170802-174350.jpgScreenshot_20170802-174350.jpg

Never heard of them before...Are they new to the lithium game? I run Lithium Pros batteries and they have been great for me. All lithium batteries are expensive...Some more than others but once you make the switch it's hard to go back. I really enjoy the performance gains, short recharge times, and no drop in trolling motor power throughout the day.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Never heard of them before...Are they new to the lithium game? I run Lithium Pros batteries and they have been great for me. All lithium batteries are expensive...Some more than others but once you make the switch it's hard to go back. I really enjoy the performance gains, short recharge times, and no drop in trolling motor power throughout the day.
    They have actually been in business a while just mainly targeted the rv and solar market. Just recently entered our world.. Lol. I have to agree with you the performance gains are very nice, but the power that these batteries deliver is what amazes me. Like you said there is no drop off through out the day in trolling power. Also they recharge in no time. I'm very happy to be running these. Just glad I found a little more affordable option for me.

7. Member
    They only offer the 100AH?
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jrspop View Post
    Yes that is correct.

9. Member
    What charger are you utilizing for these batteries? How many amps? How's it set up?

10. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm using a Minn Kota 460 pc set on the agm setting. It's a 4 bank charger that outputs 15 amps per bank.

11. Member
    I run a different brand, Dual Pro can program a charger based on the algorythym of your particular brand.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jrspop View Post
    Just wanted to give an update. Battle Born is coming out with a 24 v 50ah in a couple of weeks and have plans to come out with a cranking battery with in a few months.

13. Member
    Just curious, have you tried starting your outboard with one? I see they are rated for 200A for 30 sec. I run a Mercury 300x. Not sure how many amps they draw cranking.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
    Just curious, have you tried starting your outboard with one? I see they are rated for 200A for 30 sec. I run a Mercury 300x. Not sure how many amps they draw cranking.
    As a matter of fact I have tried. It lacks about .5 seconds to doing it. I've emailed them data that I captured while starting my battery with a lead acid and one with me trying to start with there battery. I was on the phone with them today and asked how the cranking battery was coming along. They said it will be around the middle of September..
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-23-2017 at 05:51 AM.

15. Member
    Thanks for the reply. Guess waiting another month won't kill me. Will be just in time for some fall fishing.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    That's the way I'm looking at it as well. Just to let you also know they have spoke with Don Weed on the requirements of cranking our motors. I feel they are defiantly going about it the right way.

17. Member
    Buck, are you getting 36 volts with the two battery set up or still using 3 batteries and how much each weigh. I have been looking into this for three years, have one customer who flew to Atlanta and picked up two batteries for 36 bolts, had them for three years with no problems. Pm me if you rather.

18. Member
    Blind I guess I got some answers, will pm you.

19. Member
    Their website says the 100 ah weighs 29 lbs. 3 year warranty. My 100 ah starting weighs 30, my trolling batteries (3-48 ah) weigh 15 lbs each. When I ran a 24v w/ 2 48 ah I fished 3 days total of 13 hours before they ran out of juice. I am a fan of lithiums!

20. Member
    I have been looking at the two battery system for 36 volts, Lithium Pros which are higher, customer of mine ordered them three years ago and still going strong. Keep having customers walk in asking about which Lithium to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast