Stratos ASX set up

I just bought a ASX and I am looking for some info on how any of you have set up theses rigs or have seen them set up? Looking for prop selection and ptp numbers so I have a idea of where things should be. Motor is a 225 ram HO currently 2.75 below pad, 27 tempest and 12in plate, thanks.

2. Member
    I think OMC made a prop for that boat and motor comb? Think it was a Raker propand had ASX on the side ?

3. Member
    On the other hand it may have been a Tubro prop....that made the ASX prop, it been a while .
    You can call C &O Marine and ask them ...Todd set up a few of them back then ?

4. Member
    I called C&O yesterday they said a 28 Raker or tempest lab. I'm looking for a deal on a Raker now but that tempest lab is like $1100 new and I can't find a used one. My boat guy says he thinks my tach is off because my motor shouldn't turn a 27 tempest past recommended rpms. I have access to diagnostic equipment I'll check on that next week.

5. Member
    Oh and I looked for a ASX prop already also, I can't find one anywhere.

6. Member
    Post over on the Prop forum .Mike Lohn will know what prop it is . It just dont have ASX on it now . How may know what size plate and height you need for that boat ...he is good .

7. Member
    By the way post some pic of that bad boy for every to see , when you can Sir .

8. Member
    What gear ratio is on that motor? They had a 1.71 and a 1.85. Without knowing the gear ratio, it's hard to prop it.

I would contact Mark Croxten (Mark's High Performance Propeller) He is a BBC board sponsor who has done a lot of work for people on this this site but most importantly he is the person who designed a prop specifically for the ASX. If my memory is correct it the prop goes buy the name TPX...As I said Mark Croxten designed a prop just for that hull so he should know something about set-up.

10. Member
    Mark can fix you a prop , way less than a $1100 lab prop.Lab prop is the same thing Marks Balance and Blueprint props are ....it my be a Turbo prop the more a thing about ?

11. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Thats nice , Thx for posting a pic of it .