Need Bracket Advice!!

I have a cmc 5.5 hydraulic jackplate. I am getting mixed answers on what bracket I would need to add Talons to my boat?

Some say that neither the sandwich style or side mount will work? Is a direct mount my only option. I would hate to drill holes thru my hull.

Thanks in advance.
    Justin Hrach

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    sandwich will work , you can not sidemount to a CMC , Talon and Powerpole the same when it comes to a CMC. When you sandwich it does not matter what brand jackplate you have. ( Yes... some have drilled holes in large setback CMC plates that have the room and used sidemount plates, however there is not room on 6" and below.).

My CMC isn't hydraulic but the side bolts are .750" and the holes in the Talon bracket are .500".
    Scott Inman

4. Member
    I also have the CMC 5.5 jack plate . Go to Power Pole website go though the questions about your boat and plate and they will tell you right then what brackets to use . If you are not comfortable with that you can call Power Pole directly and they will tell you what bracket is best for your boat . Hope this helps !

I bought side mount brackets and bolted it to the sandwich bracket. I did not like how the single sandwich bracket.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    those look like M to S adapter plates to me not sandwich mount brackets, but that is an option as well. you mounting bolts that bolt the pole to bracket are quite long as well.

7. Member
    I had a 5.5 CMC Power Lift jackplate on my old boat. The sandwich style powerpole mounting brackets worked fine. Which ones you will need just depends on the boat/hull design so you have the correct rise and setback.

I went with the sandwich type mounting brackets for the Talons on my Ranger.
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

Used these sandwich adapter brackets.
    http://www.power-pole.com/mtos-dual-...ck-wt-non-merc

These power pole side mount brackets were bolted to the sandwich adapter plate above.
    http://www.power-pole.com/plate-kit-6-rise-braced-dual