2003 procraft super pro 190 prop advice

I have a 2003 super pro 190 and the xr6 dropped a piston. Found a good buy on a 2014 mercury fourstroke 150 and trying to get it dialed in a little better. I feel like it's close. I have a rit-hite setback plate and have the motor in the next to last hole from the bottom. I'm looking to get a better hole shot with two people and tournament load. It has a 23 tempest plus will the holes plugged and with me does pretty good. It has too much slip with any of the holes open. It has decent hole shot and 5700 at 57.8mph wot and the rooster tail is even with the top of the cowl. 54mph with 2 people. With a load it seems to hang up between 2700-2800rpm and slowly ease on up and breaks over the bow at 3000. If with two people, water in livewell and 3/4 of fuel it just struggles. My question is would going to a smaller diameter prop and going up to a 24 would be something to look into? Thinking it would get my rpms up for hole shot and keep the top end. Maybe a fury??? Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any advice on which way to go.

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Have you tried a foil on your lower unit? Bman's or Allison foil designs look pretty sharp and help break the bow over. (Plus help with slow speed planing)

3. Member
    Not yet I haven't. Hate the idea of drilling holes in the plate right now.