Thread: New Skeeter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    First choice is 89 octane ethanol free with ring free.

2. Member
    put it in the water today for the first time. went by the book for the first 2 hours and then opened it up, wow. It was a pretty good chop on the water, a little rough actually, boat handled it smooth and flawless, got in a little less chop and wot was turning 6 grand and 74.8, did notice the rooster tale was above the top of the cowling, so may play with moving the jp up just a little.put about 5 hrs on the motor today, lots of riding, but it was fun. I am extremely happy and impressed with this boat. Tried everything out, no issues whatsoever. Now just need to learn how to work everything on the gen 3.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter35745 View Post
    got in a little less chop and wot was turning 6 grand and 74.8
    That's pretty good, I wouldn't touch a thing.

4. Member
    oh yeah, btw I did go with ethanol free 89 and ring free plus, plan on keeping that combo, and has others have stated may add stabil if its gonna sit a couple weeks. I am a very happy man.

5. Member
    oh yeah, btw I did go with ethanol free 89 and ring free plus, plan on keeping that combo, and has others have stated may add stabil if its gonna sit a couple weeks. I am a very happy man.
    Excellent thread! I'm a rookie but will be picking up my skeeter in two weeks. This helped s ton

6. Banned
    Check oil level frequently during break-in. Some of these motors do make oil as gas gets pass the piston rings and into the crankcase.

7. Member
    I will check the oil level tomorrow, also does anyone know what transducer my boat came with, I think the dealer said structure scan hd, lss-2. I cant find it listed on my units anywhere scrolling through the list. also I had 2 plugs in the bag with all the man. info. The only place they fit is in the 2 holes beside the drain plug. If I put these in will I still be able to fill my live wells.

8. Member
    89 octane, I don't bother with additives since I use my boat. Occasionally ill add some but not every fillup.
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

9. Member
    I picked mine up Saturday and asked the dealer and he told me not to run ring free except about every 4th tank. But for sure run the fuel conditioner.

10. Member
    Humor an old man one more time. Did either of you read the Owner's manual for fuel requirements?

I use the Lucas fuel cleaner with upper cylinder lube guess I'm the only one. Josh will take care of you at foothills.

12. Member
    My dealer told me to only run ring free about every 4th tank. But always use fuel additive.

13. Member
    I see your from Atlanta. What dealer are you referring to? I just bought a boat from David at Boating Atlanta. They told me to always run Ring Free. Just curious. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbryan2 View Post
    My dealer told me to only run ring free about every 4th tank. But always use fuel additive.

Benny Rigney

14. Derek McCullough
    I will check the oil level tomorrow, also does anyone know what transducer my boat came with, I think the dealer said structure scan hd, lss-2. I cant find it listed on my units anywhere scrolling through the list. also I had 2 plugs in the bag with all the man. info. The only place they fit is in the 2 holes beside the drain plug. If I put these in will I still be able to fill my live wells.
    Those plugs should actually go inside the livewell where the overflow is up in the top corner of the livewell. It's to prevent water splashing out on long runs. Just remember when you put those in your livewell will over flow into the bilge and flood the boat if you do not turn the fill off.

15. Member
    Thanks Derek81,good info

16. Member
    Wieda Marine in KY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12