Tire size on nitro z7

I'm looking to upgrade tires and rims on z7. Was wondering if anyone knew the max tire size I can go with.

2. Member
    I'd like to know, too. Mine came with 14" tires (2009 model) that are getting hard to find locally. I would like to run 205 or even 215 fifteens if they would fit.

3. Member
    My Z18 has ST215/75R14 Carlisles on it.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

4. Member
    I just put on a set of 215/75R14 Goodyear Endurance tires on mine. They are D rated with a speed rating up to 87 mph. They will run you around $110 a piece though and that's not installed.

I put the Endurance on my tandem also ( 21575R14). Not at all hard to fine. Got mine from tire rack (online) & shipped to NTB (National Tire & Brake). $108 from Tire Rack shipped, $15.40 installed, with balancing & high pressure valve stem. Not bad in my opinion. The $108 is Tire Racks normal price. Actually it's $97.60 & $10.40 shipped. Depending on your location it may be more or less for shipping. They will ship directly to your house if you have an installer you like.

I can send you pix of mine 2013 Z7 single with 17"x215 75 TR 215
    I got them thru tires plus onlive with Rims for $335

I switched from 14" to 15" a couple of years ago before Carlisle had a LRD tire in a 14". I'm very happy with the change the trailer pulls better and I feel much safer at interstate speeds with the 99mph spec LRD tires. There is very little difference in the clearance in the fenders.

Old OEM 14" wheels

New 15" wheels and tires.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    What's the tire size for the 15" above my post

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman391 View Post
    I can't speak for Larry, but I too switched to 15" wheels and D loads two years ago. My tires are 205/75R-15. The spacing between tire and fender in the above photo looks identical to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman391 View Post
    They're ST205-75 R15.

The ones in the picture aren't my current tires but they're the same size. The kid at Discount Tire didn't understand that I specifically wanted Carlisle tires and put on whatever 15" 6ply LRD tire they had in stock. I've had very good service out of Carlisles so I insisted they swap them out. They look exactly the same as far as fender clearance goes.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Member
    You are luckier than I have been running Carlisle's. I have had two blowouts which ruined the fender each time, $1200 each. I pressure check and adjust if needed weekly and run a tire pressure monitoring system. Carlisle did replace the tires and pay for the fender damage both times so they are a stand up company. I changed the third set of Carlisle's out that had about 1500 miles on them for Goodyear Endurance two days after getting back from a florida fishing trip. I will not run Chinese made tires on my boat again if I can help it.

The only tire I've ever had fail me while on the road was a Goodyear Marathon. They're going to have to do more than changing the name and moving the factory for me to buy another Goodyear. I find it funny that a few years ago Goodyear was the most bad mouthed brand on the message boards. Now everybody is jumping back on the bandwagon.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

13. Member
    Thats right people are tired of the Chinese junk. Goodyear Marathons were moved to China and turned out to be junk. They are still made in China and just like Carlisle they have severe quality issues. Discount Tire quit stocking the Goodyear Marathons because of all of the failures and Goodyear not standing behind the damage. Ranger quit putting them on their trailers because of all the failures.

Also several large RV manufactures have started to put the Endurance tires on their trailers as standard equipment. I will say Carlisle stands by the damage their blowouts cause. Anyway buy what you want. I would rather support an American job by buying the Goodyear Endurance instead of some little Chinese dude that make the Carlisle tire.