Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar

Any reports from Wawasee, Tippy...etc.?

Anybody been on any of the natural lakes recently? I used to catch a lot of fish on Wawasee and Tippy, Chapman, and several other smaller lakes up north. Been thinking about driving up and spending a couple days up there somewhere. For me, Brookville Lake has just shut down the past two weeks and I know Patoka isn't all that great right now either.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Haven't been up there lately, but know Winona has been good. Chapman I fished a bunch last year and caught plenty of fish. Fished tippy in spring and struggled.

3. Member
    Webster Lake has done pretty well for me over the last month. Good numbers and good size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Went to the Barbee chain last Saturday. Got on Kuhn lake just as the sun was starting to light the sky.
    Worked down the east shore/weedy flat with a spook, popper, and a whopper plopper. Did not catch anything, had one miss on the popper and spook.
    Headed to the west side of kuhn as the sun was hitting the water over there. Fished the edge of the weedbed near the ledge. Caught two unders on a swinging jig with a keitech fat swimbait as a trailer, and one keeper (just big enough) on the same bait. Went over to Barbee and fished around the sunken island with the same bait. Caught two more keepers (again just over 14) and two more, 3.43lb and guessing close to the same, did not weigh it.
    Traffic was picking up so headed back to Kuhn and fished the east side again but this time the edge of the weeds. Caught two more on the swinging jig and one on a jerkbait. The jerkbait fish had three more follow it in to the boat. Packed up and headed out at 10:15-10:30
    Only the second time I have fished that chain of lakes and both times have been pretty good.

Barbee is usually pretty good, fish it fairly often.

I'll probably fish chapman sunday if you aren't going before then. Been meaning to get up there and fish.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Thanks for the info folks. I won't be going north this week, probably next week sometime, depends on the schedule here. Seems since I retired, I'm busier than while I was working.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. Member
    Chapman Lake on fathers day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1990 Champion 176 SC... 1990 MERC 115
    ​I love the smell of coffee and 2 stroke exhaust at sunrise.......