Question Talon vs power pole noise factor?

So ive been in alot of boats,some with talons, some with PP. The Talon is more silent and most of the noise is not transmited in the water because the motor is in the air as compared to the PP pumps that are inside the hull. (THATS MY OPINION) now im looking for evidences of my statement... any videos out there? or even decibels test??

Thanks you guys!
    Nitro z20 2021 with 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke serial # 3B010400

No evidence here but I agree talon is quieter for the speed and less noise directly into the water but still plenty of noise can travel down the spikes. Power poles can be nearly silent but super slow.

ps wouldn't be hard to put a go pro in a box at 5' from the side of the boat, with both types of anchors and Play the sounds and measure decide.

3. Member
    thats excactly what is plan on doing fishysam

4. Member
    I have no idea which is really louder . But if 95% of the Pros on tour use Power Poles I would say there is a good reason why . And before you say sponsorship money I am sure Talon has more money behind it than Power Pole .

There are pros who won't even use poles but have them for beaching and chilling before and after launch, pp is a little lighter, so a little faster. Run and gun fishing like many do no reason to stick down in 11' of water.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Fishysam have you ever fished a river? plenty of times im using my talon to anchor down in 9-10 feet!

I don't river fish, I had a 12' talon, and I anchored down in 11.2' often. And it worked great... but was it necisary for me to do so? Not really but I did it and it made my day more enjoyable. If you look around in other threads in this section I say I have two 10' blades and there good, but I had a 12' taLon and it was great.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    There are pros who won't even use poles but have them for beaching and chilling before and after launch, pp is a little lighter, so a little faster. Run and gun fishing like many do no reason to stick down in 11' of water.
    So what you're saying is, they'll use them.
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

not while fishing...

10. Member
    I can't talk about power poles. I have a 12' talon and I hear it as the different stages bottom out while going down. Kind of a thump which seems to be pretty loud IMO. I'll say this, it has never seemed to bother the fish so it doesn't bother me.

I imagine that the pros use the poles/talons for various things, including anchoring down in shallow water while fishing.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X