Blue water extremes under water?

Has anyone used them as underwater lights in the back of your boat. Thought about mounting them in the sides of the jack plate. I'm sure they are not as bright as the high end underwater ines but I'm guessing they would look good. Anyone done it? Any pics of them in the water?
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

3. Member
    Thanks. Those are what I am talking about. Just looking for user opinions and pictures. Not saying bluewater would not be honest. They've been great as I have had their lights for a couple years with a couple of failures they immediately took care of. Just that I would like to hear from people that have used them. For $80, I'm just thinking about trying them anyway. If anyone has any pics of them in use on your boat, post please. I know everyone has different levels of visibility in the water and just interested to see them in use.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

I just put them on my jackplate !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. BBC SPONSOR
    This is from one pair of the green ones installed on the sides of the jackplate, level with the bottom and pointing to the rear. You can see these things all the way across the lake!

6. Member
    Thank you. I ordered a set. I'm having a hard time picturing how you mounted them Can you post a pic of the install location? I'm not sure how to mount them on the side but point them to the rear. I was planning on mounting mine on the side bit near the back corner and have them pointing out to the sides of the boat.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I will try and get a pic tonight after the night tournament...

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Have started mounting them here with much better results in visible light when the boat is on plane :)

I mounted mine straight to the jackplate.
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Thank you. I am mounting mine to the jackplate also. I misunderstood your description above and thought thats what you were doing. That does give off good light though. Your pic looks good.

Here's mine ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.ncboatguy.com

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Here is a pic and video of my Ranger with the same set up. One pair of lights mounted in the same location as the Black/Green Blazer posted earlier...

View My Video

13. Banned
    Would they be illegal, if used while underway? Red and green are running light colors, supposed to be displayed to the front.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Technically they may be, but I can tell you there is no "missing" any of these boat on the water at night. We fish quite a few night tournaments, as well as running from one boat ramp to another in the dark before tournaments. Everyone who has seen these loves them as it is not only easy to see the boat at night, but it also makes it VERY easy to tell if the boat in front of you is slowing down or has to stop as the lights disappear. I have never had any of the Fish and Game officers say anything other than they love them and they love that they can see us in the dark. Have not talked to any Coast Guard officers on the water so not sure what they would say...

15. Member
    Ted, do you have these on a independent switch
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I mounted mine straight to the jackplate.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkone View Post
    Ted, do you have these on a independent switch
    No I went the easy route.....pulled power from my anchor light. Call me if you need to.
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    No I went the easy route.....pulled power from my anchor light. Call me if you need to.
    That's very smart. I just might do that
    CATCH N RELEASE