Single Talon installation & weight distribution

I see most guys (my friends included), installing their single Talon's on the starboard side. I would think you would want to put it on the port side if you have a single due to:

1. Weight distribution if you are fishing solo
    2. Line of sight when you look over your left shoulder.

my 10' Talon is on the port side for reasons you listed.

3. Banned
    I put my single Talon on the starboard side, as the factory boarding ladder was on the port side.
    I would have preferred the port side for the reasons above, but since doing it, I really can't see a problem. I can't perceive a "list" when on the boat by myself, some of that may be because it has two TM batteries on the port side, and just a single starting battery on the starboard side. I have't noticed a significant blind spot as well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    I put my single Talon on the starboard side, as the factory boarding ladder was on the port side.
    I would have preferred the port side for the reasons above, but since doing it, I really can't see a problem. I can't perceive a "list" when on the boat by myself, some of that may be because it has two TM batteries on the port side, and just a single starting battery on the starboard side. I have't noticed a significant blind spot as well.
    Cool, thanks. I have a Talon in the works and just want to get the plan down.

I mounted my single 12' on the starboard side to reduce drag towing and running since I have a single console, also less bug guts. I just re arranged my gear some to aliviate the extra 3* of list. No biggy either way. Also when slipping through trees I liked how both hi objects were on the same side