Question seeking employment in southwestern KY

My wife and I are looking to relocate somewhere near KY & Barkley within the next year. After five years working at General Electric, I'm seeking employment in that area (Paducah, Benton, Princeton, Eddyville, Calvert City, etc.). If anyone has any leads on job opportunities in manufacturing/production, I'd greatly appreciate the input.

You might get more info if you share a little about your skills and the kind of job you are looking for.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Banned
    Calvert City has fifteen industrial plants along the river. It was seventeen but Carbide I believe has since closed, as well as Gerdau Steel closed and sold this past winter. Calvert City is currently adding a new riverport, and there is some more industry coming along with it though it might be a few years out. They've been digging for the new riverport for at least a year now.

List of Calvert plants here, surely a few might have something for you: http://www.calvertcity.com/industry.htm

Murray has a few plants, ones of note are Pella and Briggs & Stratton: http://business.mymurray.com/list/ca...ng-industry-74

Paducah has several industrial plants, many supporting the river industry.

Grand Rivers has a large rock quarry, Vulcan Materials.

Lots of stuff available but who knows if they are hiring. You just about have to know a guy who knows a guy, because it's way hard to get hired off of any highly viewed publicly posted job.

I lived on the Barkley side which made Nashville and Clarksville job markets available to commute. Close enough to fish Kentucky on a daily basis. Good luck.
    Ranger Forever

5. Banned
    Hopkinsville is about 30 min from Barkley and has some industry as well.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarley View Post
    Hopkinsville is about 30 min from Barkley and has some industry as well.
    The plants in Hopkinsville were hiring skilled mtce, about $30 an hour for highly qualified.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

7. Member
    Thanks for info, guys. I really appreciate it. I'll do some digging, and hopefully something pans out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    Thanks for info, guys. I really appreciate it. I'll do some digging, and hopefully something pans out.
    Good luck on your search, Murray has some jobs at Pella Windows, Ken Lake Foods, Saputoa, Vanderbilt Chemical and Briggs &Stratton.

9. Member
    Big tow boat industry around Paducah