Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    i believe your purple is 12 switched on with ignition,or a power switch

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper bird View Post
    i believe your purple is 12 switched on with ignition,or a power switch

Thanks sleeper, that's what I was thinking and that would also explain why my ignition switch is missing. I guess the previous owner sold the engine off the boat and just cut out the wiring harness and everything. Guess I'll be purchasing an ignition switch and seeing what I can get figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler008 View Post
    Thanks Tom! I'm also looking for a wiring diagram of the instrument panel or if anyone has any information about how it's wired. it has all the purple wires spliced together and all the blue wires spliced together and all the grounds. Just trying to see where i need to get 12v from because the purple wire is cut in the clear.
    Looks like I never sent you the diagram as I said I would. My apologies. It's on the way now.

Tom

4. Member
    The purple wires are from the ignition. When the ignition is on, the wire carries voltage. When the key is off- no power in purple.

5. Member
    just purchased a 2000 cobra with no owner manual. i also have the system 3 live well setup. however, the live wells fill up but i have to pull the plugs to empty. when i flip the rocker switches i do not hear any pump noise even from the bilge pump. also the steering is a beast trying to turn left, right not so bad. i'd like to find an owner manual if anyone can direct me i'd appreciate any and all help. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12