Anyone ever use Wilson Marine?

My Pro XS just started the dreaded 6 beep alarm at start up. It seems to be running OK but I would like to get it in soon and looked at. I am over on the west side of Wayne county and refuse to take it down to Cabela's. I see that Wilson Marine in Commerce isn't too far away, just wondering if anyone here has used them for servicing their Mercury.

2. Member
    I can't comment on Wilson but I have had good luck at Rose marine or North bay...With a 2015 your still under warranty so as long as it is a Mercury dealer you should be OK...Of course it may take 3 months before you see your boat again...Like what happened to me with an unnamed dealer in the region..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 07-31-2017 at 01:53 PM.

3. Member
    I have not, but the only people I trust with my boat is North Bay Marine in New Baltimore. I know this is quite the drive for you,(probably about 60 miles) but I promise you it is worth it. Their techs are phenomenal and they have outstanding customer service. I drive past numerous repair shops to get to North Bay and will gladly continue to do this.

4. dartag1829
    I agree with TimH. If you have a Mercury with a problem. North Bay is the place to go.

5. Member
    Go to North Bay, Doug is the best around.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I can't comment on Wilson but I have had good luck at Rose marine or North bay...With a 2015 your still under warranty so as long as it is a Mercury dealer you should be OK...Of course it may take 3 months before you see your boat again...Like what happened to me with an unnamed dealer in the region..
    I actually bought the boat at Rose and they have winterized it for me since I bought it. Have been nothing but happy with them in every aspect. Just a pain in the rear to drive 90 minutes to get over there for something I was hoping would be simple. North Bay is in the same situation, heard great things about them, just so damn far.

Probably better to be safe than sorry and just bite the bullet and do it right.

7. Member
    Lakedrive is worth the drive. Give them a call and see how busy they are, they can usually get you in right away.
    -Matt

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by MITR185 View Post
    Lakedrive is worth the drive. Give them a call and see how busy they are, they can usually get you in right away.
    -Matt
    + 1 on Lake Drive.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MITR185 View Post
    -Matt
    That is 15 minutes further away then North Bay.

I need to move closer to the good service centers.

10. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by juhealy View Post
    That is 15 minutes further away then North Bay.

I need to move closer to the good service centers.
    Lake Drive is 2 hours away for me but the piece of mind and trust I have in Jeff and his Team makes it worth the drive.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

11. Member
    It's over 2 hours for me.
    -Matt