Several Questions for a new Evinrude owner (2005 175 Ficht)

Hey Guys,
    A friend of mine recently bought his first bass boat, and I am trying to help him get it set up properly. It is a 2005 Triton Tr-186, with a 175 Ficht.
    All 7 of my boats have had Mercury power, so I have very little technical knowledge of Evinrude motors.
    As of today, I have several questions, to get him started in the right direction.

Model# E175FPLSOD
    Serial# 05105758
    1.) What is the lower unit gear ratio for this motor? I am trying to compare the ratio/prop combination to a similar sized Mercury setup/

2.) Outside of spark plugs, fuel filter, and too steep of a prop, what would cause this motor to be sluggish from top to bottom? It idles great, and runs smooth, it just seems weak to me.

3.) Anyone have any experience with the Raker props in comparison to a Tempest? I have no idea haw they compare in diameter and stiffness. It looks to be bigger than 14.25" and it has much less ventilation that the mercury props.

4.) What is the correct model throttle cable from Teleflex for this motor?

Thanks in advance!
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The FICHT designation died when BRP purchased the now defunct OMC. Gear ratio is 1.86:1, Raker and Renegade Bass are both BRP props brought over from the OMC line. Raker being a 3 blade 14.25" diameter and comes in even pitches. There are 3 ventilation holes in the prop. We don't use the PVS system. The Renegade is a 13.5" 4 blade prop that comes in odd size pitches. Both props use a pressed in hub. The Renegade is an over the hub exhaust style prop and may need a weed ring to prevent blow out on the hole shot. The 479 series from Teleflex will work. Prop it for 5500- 5700 RPM.

3. Member
    I would think an original Raker 24p three blade would work well on that motor. I had a 98 Ficht on a 98 Ranger 518dvs which I believe is a little bigger and heavier than your Triton. I sent mine to Mark's prop shop and it would run 64gps with just me and 60-62 with a partner and tournament load with a great hole shot.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2