voltage and alarm beep

1999 175 EFI (serial number 0G944199). I'm still having issues with my motor and am trying to narrow down what the problem is. This weekend I took the boat to a local lake just to run it around and see if I could get it to either sputter and die or not start at all. It ran like a champ for the 5-10 minutes I was there running it around. Later that same day I took my son out fishing and it started and ran (at idle) the first time I started it. About 1-2 hours later I went to start it and it wouldn't start. It started giving me a constant beeping alarm (I left the alarm going for 15 seconds or so just to see if it would beep, stop, beep, etc., but it was just a constant beeping the whole time). I looked at my depthfinder and it was reading 11.9 volts when I was getting the alarm. What does a constant alarm mean? And is 11.9 volts high enough, or could that be causing a problem? The only thing I can think of is if my depthfinder (Helix 9 Mega SI/DI), which is hooked to my cranking battery, is draning the battery enough to cause problems. I won't be able to get out again until this next weekend, so I can't test that theory at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You indicated "constant beeping". Let's clarify it's one of the following:

SOLID TONE: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEP

Fast Beeping.

One or the other... each means something different.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor