Do I have my transducer mounted correctly?

Folks,

Can I get your opinion/help on my transducer mounting? I have two Lowrance units Hook7 on the trolling moter (bow) and a Elite 7ti (stern). I can't get good/consistent images...when BassPro installed the unit, it fell off the first time out...took it back and it did it again...so I repaired/install some HDP and use it as my mounting plate for the transducer...what I don't know, do the unit look to be mounted correctly?

I took a pic of the Hook 7 image and then drove over the same area with the Elite 7ti...images look quite different...hate to say it but I get better images from the Hook than I do from the Elite unit.

I've also attached two images of my transducer mounting. Does it look too high/low...I have it mounted level with the boat...but I'm very dissatisfied with the sonar imaging.

HELP!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Use an inclinometer to find out exactly how your boat sits in the water. Set the xdcr level to that.

What transducer is that? It looks like my LSS transducer that does not give any 2d sonar images. Do you have another transducer mounted in the bilge area?
    What does the transducer look like that is connected to the bow unit that gives better images?

I am not totally up to date with the units you have. My only experience is with HDS units.
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skid00skid00 View Post
    Use an inclinometer to find out exactly how your boat sits in the water. Set the xdcr level to that.
    +1 I have a electronic level that I can get the angle of the boat at idle and set the transducer to that. You can stack coins under a torpedo level to get the angle right

5. Member
    I don't know what transducer is on the stern...it is whatever came with the Elite 7ti unit...bought the unit at BassPro...made the mistake of allowing them to install the unit. The rear transducer was out of level...I took your advise and used a level while out on the water this last weekend...duplicated the boat level in the garage and then leveled the rear transducer. Bow transducer looks out of level but when it is in the trolling position it is level.

My BIGGEST question...does the rear transducer look to be TOO LOW in relation to the boat. Wondering if I need to raise the unit????

Here are the pics of both transducers

Looking at the Lowrance website, I see that the Elite7 Ti has different options for transducers. The difference being that one is mid/high/Downscan and the other is mid/high/Totalscan. The difference in your pics could be in part due to the bow unit running in chirp while the back unit may just be running single frequency. Just a guess though as I don't know what your settings are.

To your question, is the transom transducer is too low...cant tell for sure with the camera angles.
    HDS Live 12 @ console

7. Member
    Do these pics help show the mounting of the transducer? Not sure if I have it mounted too high/low, so it gets clean water.

I would think that it is just about right...
    HDS Live 12 @ console

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks close....in my opinion by looking at the pics, if you are having issues, start coming up with it a little at a time.......

As for the TM ducer, i'd get the Lowrance TM adapter cup OR the transdcuer shield from TSS.

Adapter cup: http://bbgmarine.com/lowrance-hdi-tr...cr-p-9503.html

TSS Shield: https://www.transducershieldandsaver...000-10976-001/
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    The vertical lines on the sonar image is interference. Mounting looks good. As long as you are a couple inches away from strakes, you are solid

11. Member
    If you use an inclinometer to get the angle of the boat in the water, wouldn't you then raise the boat on its' trailer to this angle and then use the inclinometer on the transducers and level them to 90 degrees?

12. Banned
    I usually set it close then step back and eyeball it from about 20 ft away

the only time it didnt work was with the totalscan.....it just needed angled down (forward?) a bit

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    If you use an inclinometer to get the angle of the boat in the water, wouldn't you then raise the boat on its' trailer to this angle and then use the inclinometer on the transducers and level them to 90 degrees?
    Yes. Set the boat back to the same incline (angle) as it was in the water and then level the transducer so it would be level with the lake bottom

14. Member
    The Ls doesn't need to be low it's not designed to read a speed