New Power Pole Mount Bracket Covers Cracking

Has anyone else had issues with cracking the plastic covers for the mount brackets? One of mine cracked a while back. I called and JL Marine sent me a new cover. I did not recall hitting anything in the water. They had me inspect the bolts and make sure none of them where protruding and then make sure they were still tight. They were fine to me. I got home from fishing yesterday and noticed the cover was broke again. I have been out a bunch since the first one broke so I don’t feel it was an issue with the bolts. I can only think of two things that could have happened. Either I hit a small floating branch or something while running, or while backing in to retrieve a hung lure I bumped into a branch to hard. I only did that once on my trip yesterday for my passenger on the back and if it broke from that minor contact I’m going to be braking these things often… Has anyone else broke their covers? I plan on calling JL Maine again today to see what they say. I will post an update.

2. Member
    Update: So I have been talking back and forth with Power-Pole. They said they have only seen this issue one other time. They believe my poles are sitting too low in my wash which is causing water to blow inside the covers while I'm running. This is creating a positive pressure and causing the cracking. They are sending me out different brackets that will raise my poles out of the water more. I guess I will see how this does.

3. Member
    Good. Keep is posted on the outcome. Hope it helps. I just put a new pp blade on mine and noticed i bumped it off a log or rock as well and scratched and bent it. Im not too happy bout it.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Yes same issue on my buddies, we have to install new brackets to raise the poles higher
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com